Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

An open letter to a brilliant soul

Adam, It is difficult for me to write this, partly because I know it may never receive an answer. That is all right; none is required. I am not even certain whether writing this will bring me closure. I simply wanted to say something honestly, rather than leave it forever unspoken. The truth is very simple: I wish we could have been friends. I know things did not unfold well. On the internet, on social media of all places, much is lost in translation, I regret the ways in which I may have contributed to that bad impression I did cause. So much can be lost in translation on the internet, especially when people meet one another at uncertain moments in their lives. I know that I may have made, unfortunately, a bad impression, and for whatever hurt or discomfort I caused, I am sincerely sorry. I sometimes imagine that, without my anxiety and the repetitive patterns of OCD, I might have appeared differently to you. Perhaps I would have communicated with more calm and restraint, grace, no urgency. Perhaps things still would not have worked. I cannot know, and I do not want to reduce everything that happened to one explanation. You are free to feel as you do, to leave this unanswered, and to continue along your own way. I have that same freedom too. I am not writing to compel reconciliation or to place any responsibility upon you. I only wanted to acknowledge that beneath all the confusion, I genuinely wished for the chance to know you, speak with you, and perhaps become your friend. A pen pal, just some nice online friend. It is okay that it may never be. All I know is I have always regarded you as a creative person with much to offer, much light and beautiful things to share with the world. Every human being is, in some sense, a universe, and I am sorry that ours met under circumstances that did not allow us to understand one another better. Perhaps our paths will remain separate. If so, I accept that and wish you well, the best in fact, the blessings from God. But should life ever provide a calm and mutual opportunity to begin again, I would receive it with goodwill. That is all I wanted to say. I offer you my best of regards, and a smile and a good attitude! Farewell.

Comments