Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I write a post in defiance to writer's Block, and a small set of kind words to Nathaniel

Good morning, my friend, reader of the present post! Happy Tuesday! How are you, today? How have you been? As for me, I am alright, I would say. Just at the house of my grandma for the next few days, I wanted to pay her a visit. A bit frustrated, I tried writing a post and the panorama I wanted to make was really not working. I greatly dislike when I cannot see the ending of a draft, I worry I run the risk of just falling into dead ends, once and again. Many a bad memory, you know, writing essays in high school felt like I was in a maze and had to get out of the trouble with my words. Still some ten years since I am gracefully, Thank God, out of high school, those thoughts still haunt me.

A pen pal did a live yesterday, Mr. Nathaniel decided to hung out with his followers on Instagram, share a bit of his crafts. I was happy to see him! I like to have the opportunity to be around and nourish cordial relationships with people I follow, maybe they can become pen pals, online friends, just lovely interesting folk to include in the tapestry of my life, as I don't have many friends in my surroundings anymore. If anything, I dedicate this post to Nathaniel, just hope that we can have the chance to chat for many more moments, you are a wonderful soul! Many happy days are ahead for you! I pray for your wellbeing.



I hope I can do a drawing at some point, but like with the post, it was hard to just get myself going, at times you feel tired, not disposed. Could it be due to not being at my own dwelling. I like visiting grandma, but as much as her apartment is nice and airy, it is not the one I grew used to call home. I haven't really had one of those in a bit, given the chaos of 2020 and 2021, and then later when grandma moved from her dream aero house, to this also nice apartment, that however is not the same. I often feel melancholic, but it is not due to my house. Brazilian cities are ugly and unpleasant, but my blue boudoir at the apartment of mom, it is not anything like it. Allow me to lay to rest and let me forget the bauhaus of the exterior. I have a fan, the Air conditioning is not working for now... I still like my light blue boudoir, as Alexandra of Russia loved her mauve boudoir at her palace-residence of Tsarkoye Selo.

I feel melancholic, though I have many reasons not to feel this way. I have nice pen pals, such as Nathaniel that I mentioned, and dearest Charlie, my beloved furendo. And many others. Not really due to my intellectual pursuits, those are on the contrary, a delight... I think sometimes it is just boredom. Dreariness of having the world feeling so small at times. Not knowing when I will be able to travel to Vienna, to Versailles, and so on... not knowing if I will ever have also a friend living nearby, I don't think I have had a friend in real life for some years. Just at times lack of seeing beyond the fog of routine. Boredom, dead ends... I wanted to just write today on my blog, just for the sake of it. I don't have any topic in mind, and I don't feel like drawing, so it is a termometre that suggests creative inclinations are laying low. Yet, I want to write... just about.

Anyway... I should stay at grandma's for several more days, I do miss mom but for now I wanted to pay grandma a visit for some days. I should be home to my blue boudoir after two days or so, though, there is little to concern myself with. I am glad I could wrap up one post! After this one, I hope I can at least wrap up August, then we start September. We should see how it goes! I am happy to see you, and I wish you the best! Don't distress yourself because I should return soon, if not before, then at the 30th or so... I of course wish you the best and I bid you farewell but just for now, cheers!!!!


Comments