Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which my Grandpa used to Write and to Research

Good morning, kind sir and amicable lady, friendly readers of this present publication! Do tell me how are you all doing, and I am happy to see you! As for me, I am tired, and had a week of busy moments that left me tired, and some lonesome times as well. I was going to write some days before, but I was on such horrible mood that I could not help but to lament over the unfortunate circumstance that was ailing me. Today, though tired, I am okay. Waking up from a reasonable night of sleep. I think my mood was mostly restored thanks to the medicines I take for the humors. It is sad I rely on them, but otherwise I am subjected to mood turbulence, and I weep and get a massive headache as result. I thought that it was before causes by my face contortion when I weep, but now I am more inclined to believe it is because I don't breathe well when weeping. Such difficulty can cause me to be a bit out of sorts and thus being with a head pain. Lack of oxigen perhaps.

When I think about a book idea, I am driven to feel very intimidated and I retreat even from writing. This word has a lot of weight to it, which I dislike to concede as such, but it is a fact. Grandpa used to write, he wrote a lot across his life about the subjects that intrigued him. He wrote specially about theological issues and science, as well as secularism versus a more christian approach. I find that I tend towards the same behavior myself, when I think about it. Not on the same subjects, but the same approach to them. 

Now, grandpa did lament the fact I did not read his books when he was alive, but as much as I love and I miss grandpa, on that front I am entirely justified. His books were studies on a range of topics that really did not concern me at the time, some that I don't care much about even now! And when I think about it, I am the more vindicated, I liked to read when I was younger, as I still do, but truth is, as much of a book leaning person as I was (still am), I was also a kid. His researches would make a more grown person snore, let alone a child! It is not fault of his writing, he wrote with clarity, a good pace, and his trademark sense of humor, no, it is more because essays and search results are not exactly the most thrilling topics. Only later would he dwell on a more biographical topics, but then it was so late in his life and I was so busy at the same time, finishing dreaded high school and jumping straight to college, it also meant I did not read much of his good but disconnected from me work on such occasion. Did not help that in his later years, justifiably so given his ailing health, he would become more somber and severe, and quite obsessed with the apocalypse. That did bring me to become even to the point of boredom next to him at the end... 

And there is the issue of starting to write. I don't think school helps much, it forces you to do an essay from the beginning, and then jump to the middle, and follow up with conclusion, on that sequence, and fast. I don't think writing process works like that. It would help if they would emphasize the caveat on their approach - that the writing done in such way is promoted as to facilitate evaluation and more done as practice than as destiny - but alas, marxists are famous for muddying their methods. They hate when one asks questions on exactly what they are doing. These people are entirely aware that their methods are ugly and wrong, so they must keep them shut in a million disguises. It does not help that most teachers don't even know they are coming from such approach, this is how they were taught on how to profess this occupation...

It is fun to remember some factoids about my own life, and grandpa and his books were for a while a strong part of them. That all said, should I wrap up this post, here? Perhaps so, it is getting big and I don't like when they grow to such proportions. When should I return, though? Don't worry, hopefully soon! Perhaps as soon as Tuesday, though could be later as well, we'll see! The blog keeps on going anyway, specially as we are just one post away from reaching the impressive number of 950 publications here at the divagation store! Cheers to that! In that note, see you soon, and I wish you the best!!

Comments