Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have many years in a week: Morning in Brazil, too?

Good morning, most kind and dear friend, reader of this present post, too! How are you? This is a post I have been trying to write since this Tuesday or so... and it has been quite hard to think on what to develop into a more substancial thought. There is a lot that I would like to talk, and I was terrified of starting a post, only to delete it and leave it at that, it happened time and again, and it destroys me for the moment. I don't know why such a strong repulsion against starting a thought and not knowing how to end, not finding a good way to conclude. Perhaps it is fear of fatigue. Or of being mistreated. But I do have an ongoing trend that I perceive, I really, really wanted to mention it. I did start the year a bit annoyed with the 2016 nostalgia, and on that line, I said that it was more of a 1989 year than 2016. I said it due to the capture of Maduro, the (ongoing) second Iranian Revolution and war, the immense losses the left suffered across latin America, that brought s...

In Which we remember the vibrant little golden epoch of New York

Good evening, sir friend, reader of this present post! How are you, this day of switching of seasons? I am okay. The month is moving fast I'd say. Last Friday we had the rememberance day for the horrendous attack of 9/11, on the World Trade Center Complex, and I also did mourn the horrendous destruction of the twin buddhas by the islamic jihadis. Such a  year of tragedies, 2001. I was around 3, and I can only remember shadows from that time, it is very flickering, but I recall the tv news and my parents having breakfast. Wrote about it on Instagram, about the loss of that beautiful monument, that in a relatively short time, as with the Eiffel Tower in Paris, went from disliked to beloved. A worthy, earnt landmark to New York's renaissance epoch, and the upcoming little and vibrant golden age of that city on the 90's, and that would last some years after the fateful event. All I can say is to remember the victims, and do not let the memory of the little golden epoch of New York fade, the morning in America moment, that happened, and may again come to pass.



I am not exactly sure if it was the grief of seeing the elegant Window on the World ambience, knowing I would never be able to visit, just the stories of perseverence and heroic acts on the terrible attack, but it was not exactly that productive of a week. I did work on a drawing, exceptionally in honor of a friend who went through bad moments, and that I pray may recover, but apart from that and some writings on social media, not much was really done on the blog, the side blog, and on the hobbies. It is okay I would say, we can have those moments of not engaging with our hobbies... better than forcing it. I have some ideas for this year's christmas card, that in my personal tradition of sorts, I do it on September. I also want to start working on a new building, and God knows those are complex to do.

Hope the weather has been good for you? It is a time for changing of seasons, the bridge between summer and autumn for the north, and winter to spring in the tropical area. I do have an autumn mood the past few days, definitely a bit of a nostalgic one, I am editing some old pictures as to make them look more seasoned, as if taken in the late 90's-early 2000's, like the family photo albums I used to see on my childhood, with curiosity. 

It is going quite fast, the year by now. Soon it will be the height of Christmas! I wish my birthday could have gone better this year, but I am sure next year could see a better one. 

Should I wrap up today's post, here? I did feel I wrote a good amount on thoughts I wanted to share. Cannot say if I wrote more or less than usual, I usually write my blog posts on the phone nowadays, but I am getting sleepy, and I think today's post is a pleasant and uplifing one, just reflecting on time passing by, and longing for places I won't be able to see... well wirh rhar, I am indeed wrapping up the post! I am happy to see you as always, wish you the best, my friend! See you again real soon, hopefully by the weekend! Farewell just for now!

Comments