Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we have a brief comment on A Journey to Home!

!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
Hello everyone! Happy Saturday and weekend to you! Good afternoon! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope you are fine! It's been a really hot day here! Wow, I've been melting the whole day! Good news is: I'm traveling, I went to the beach and I'll spend some days here, another good news is that so far my internet is working well so far, so I'll be able to do today's post with no too much problems! I have some activities to do for college, hope I can sort them out, I have two electric fans functioning, none is properly being able to leviate my heat, but anyway, I'm having a calm day! 
Anyways, today I was wanting to do a small comment on the story I just finished, where the names come from, if they mean anything at all, and so on! Wirt, as you know, is the name of one of the characters of my favorite show, Over the Garden Wall, it is an homage to him, but the character of my story is not too much similar to him, this story ended up being more active and fast than I was expecting it to be, but as it was the pace that it went on going, I think it worked, the thing is, I couldn't explore his character too much in it, but the fact is there is that his personality resembles a bit with the actual Wirt, but not on purpose, physically, they are much different, even the atmosphere of them. Wirt is not inspired in me completely, he is an individual of his own, only not being able to completely live his life because he doesn't exist, unfortunately he depends on my ideas and my writing, though I try to write as organic as I can, but the story is inspired on my routine and my way of looking at it and my perception of it, going out of college, going home, I love stories that enable the character to go to a different world or when he discovers a gateway to another place, just like Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, The Chronicles of Narnia, and even a more recent example: Over the Garden Wall, and so on, though I try not too heavily mimic them, maybe a bit of Alice in Wonderland, and Wizard of Oz, and I try to bring some references from things I like, from Interior Design to friendships and what I like to call "Calm Adventure", which is a journey that the character doesn't face too many life threatening situations, the adversity he faces is more intern or subtle, it's a more slow-pace kind of travel. A Journey to Home accelerates in the end, but overall goes on the same direction. I like to describe my life through a narrative like a story, and even sometimes on a more official Historic way, this inspires my narratives a lot and encourages me to write! 
As for Hannah, this name came into mind while imagining the uber driver that would be the other protagonist of the story, Hannah and Wirt never wanted to pass through what they did, Hannah was just doing his job and Wirt just wanted to go home, but an action of Geoffrey Ezra ended up causing a huge mess that results on this improbable story.
And who is Geoffrey Ezra? First of all, his name and appearance are inspired by my one of my Favorite artists, George Ezra, but anyway, moving on... The builder of worlds, born in England, was a physicist who was the first to discover a gateway to another "dimension" if you may, though I don't like to use this word. A world on blank, he discovers he can do whatever he wants there, this place has infinite possibilities. Eccentric as he is, Geoffrey keeps on building a world that gets bigger and bigger, richer and richer, heavier and heavier, until he starts to bring people of his imagination into the world, and if things were already complicated before, with everything he was creating in order to bring his ideal place to life, it starts to get unstable as imaginary people become fully functioning individuals... how does one do that? Create individuals? The process of bringing this together is so complicated that makes the world more fragile and makes more gateways open in the actual Earth, bringing uninvited guests in. When Geoff realizes that, it's too late, and now he must keep everything into balance. Sounds confusing right? Yea, still have to work on the backstory of Geoffrey, but anyway, this is the inicial sketch and the general idea. Geoffrey ended up causing the whole mess Wirt and Hannah have to face and eventually fix, and so it goes.
I love narratives that doesn't completely make sense as well or have a logical explanation to it, or maybe they have, but in their world, not in the one you guys are, and I am. I am used to have so many weird dreams, I love to write them down as they are, not trying to make anything into it come together, just write them as they are, and I try to do the same with my stories, I love to create weird ones, the weirder, the better, and this one is definitely one of them I'd say!
So, did you like it? Was it too weird? Did you dislike it? What do you think, do not be afraid to let me know on the comments or on twitter, for today I just have this small comment on the story, hope you like my thoughts on it. Just a bunch of words... thank you so much for reading this, you are the best! I'm very grateful! Thank you. See you next time, for another story, or just another post, happy Weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts