Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which I try The Sims 3!!!


Good morning to you, dear reader, my dear friend! Happy Thursday! How are you today? How is the weather? As for me, I am not doing so bad, and the weather is… could be better, of course, could be raining, but it could be worse as well, could be summer. I have been on the mood for, I’d say, new things. Sometimes that does not mean more recently released products and such, though. An example of that is, I finally decided to give Sims 3 a try. Why? I believe you know already I am beyond sick and tired of the 4th entry of the franchise. It is… a “game”, more like an empty dollhouse, filled with drama, triggered by the most stupid and unnecessary things, and so much wokeness, the bane of so many newly produced things. I hate it, the men in skirts, shoveled down my throat, and the weird fashion, not in a good way. It was my first game of the franchise, I know, but things were not this bad as early as December 2018, when I made myself acquainted with the games. I believe most of the wokeness was shoveled into it starting with the pack Island Living, back in 2020, that ghastly year. Of course, the problem of too many overpriced packs and drama was there, too, already, but nothing as egregious as what went on in 2020. The game was already empty, but at least it wasn’t trying to preach at me or trying to constantly justify itself. Many simmers feel the same way, and I myself had many issues trying to understand how can someone be as passionate about a game as passionless as The Sims 4. It slowly occurred to me that maybe that was due to the previous Sims games… “should I try them out?” I thought to myself. The worse graphics and clunky UI, and the prospect of giving that ESG evil EA company more money, that threw me off a bit and made me very reluctant. And I’ve spent so much on The Sims 4 already… but the dam was getting battered and battered and couldn’t be fixed anymore anyway. And so it broke and the flood came. I decided the hell with it, I’m trying The Sims 3, at last, after being recommended by many simmer Youtubers of different tastes and personalities. I bought the game and some of the packs, that were fortunately on a sale, and went to play it.


My first impression was very positive! The graphics weren’t as bad as they told them to be. The performance issues, so far, too early to say if I’ll ever find any, because I do have a not so bad laptop, that I invested into. Still am apprehensive about the performance, on that we still have to wait and see…  the UI was clunky, that is true. But that being said, the gameplay, it… it is actually like a game once again. I know, I just played it for 2 hours, but the fact that it seems to be harder to earn money, the fact that you have to tell your Sim to wash your hands after going to the porcelain throne, instead of having them doing it automatically… the fact that you have to make up your bed after sleeping, instead of always having it immaculate… it feels fun, already, to take care of your sim! I couldn’t care less about the emotion system on The Sims 4, like the youtuber SatchonSims said, the Sims 3 method of dealing with it, much better than having your Sim changing moodlet 5 times in an hour. I know, it is early to tell if the game will keep me for longer than those 2 hours, but I’m already itching to go back to the computer and try it more, specially due to the fact that you can customize your clothes and furnitures further with Create a Style, that does not exist in TS4, you have an open world! I thought the open world was not going to be that big of a thing, was I wrong!!!! Too wrong, I feel free now to just explore any part of the town I want to go! So much liberty, and cars, it is awesome. I never knew two worlds would mean so much: open world. And since the game is done, by today, no drama, no shoveling things down my throat. I can just sit back and play however I want, no lgbtwhateverthehecktheyinventnext flags… feels so good! Now, true: the game has MICROTRANSACTIONS, so be warned, turn off the shop mode. The Sims 3 shop is expensive, and it shouldn’t be a thing, my personal opinion, but it’s not like you must buy the items anyway, you have the option to ignore it. Apart from this, the clunky UI, and the build mode that is more primitive, the game feels like a game!! It seems very fun and engaging! And I am excited to see what I’ll do next with my sim Mr. Geoffrey Trianon! I will let you guys know if I have any future complaints about the game, any new thoughts, this Sims I want to write about. If I can, I want to forget that TS4 the dollhouse edition was ever a thing. Anyway… I see you again, likely, either this weekend or next week, maybe tomorrow, but that relies solely on my mood. I know you understand and I appreciate you for it! Wish you the best! See you again real soon!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts