In Which I think of the book project and brainstorm briefly on it!
Hello, my friend, reader of this present post! I am happy to see you once again. It is great to be here. How are you? Hopefully the week went fine? As for me, I am okay, I'd say. The birthday week, so to speak, was relatively uneventful, except for some bursts of anxiety at the evening of day 12, precisely at the day of celebration. Family time can be a challenge...
I often think if my book idea would go anywhere... I wanted to write my thoughts on urban planning and architecture, and yet I imagine any path I take, will likely be faced wirh cruel scrutiny, and the only variable will be what will the lane they will pick, if any. Firstly, I did read the great book by Mrs. Jacobs on the death and life of great American cities, and wanted to emulate it. I thought on a research, then I thought it would be better to write from my life experience instead.. perhaps I should do a life experience writing, with researches if proven necessary? The fact is I am gloomy about brazilian cities and their absurd zoning laws, and the ridiculous legislation that causes bureocracy to expand to meet the needs of such expanding bureocracy, as the saying goes. Quite a vicious cycle... here I can complain all I want, but even if cathartic, can get boring for me after some time. Why not suggest a better approach? Or just make the cities more joyful? I would say more but this paragraph is getting huge! Let us move towards the next one, for the sake of brevity. Such brevity is one reason I'd love to write a book, sometime, someday.
It is important to say that I hate and abhor critical theory, I am not, and ever will, hide my intentions, be disingenuous like those dark wizards of bad spells are. The world I want is real, it is possible, and it could as well be mine, which is the Ayn Rand approach, the one I champion... I should expand on this idea, it can take a while for a project to go forward.
It is a challenge to produce, though, when your eyes are strained. They were so much so yesterday, I could not type, every letter looked shapeless, blurred. I also could not type properly, my fingers kept misclicking. I had to resort to keyboards alternatives to those of Apple, with debatable success. It is likely on me for writing on my phone, but I tend to think better when reclining, not when sitting at the desk.
Before I end this post and wrap up for the next one, that should be coming soon as the newer week goes, Lord willing, I have some positive-leaning news! I finally rebuilt my Sims 3 library. I was struggling, once again, with this game. Too many mods and when one malfunctioned, I ended up losing a whole save, if you can believe! So, into the business of restoring the software, and then moving the folders around, I do love the scope of Sims 3, but what a PAIN it is to manage it! I really don't know why I bother... I don't know, my friend... I just like the game, I like moving the character around, taking care of him, building the household, and arranging his attires. And the world of Sims 3 is lovely as it is big and you can drive whenever you desire. I am happy I have escaped the dollhouse also known as Sims 4, dollhouse of the edge of the seat. Even if the company was bought by the Saudis and tone down on the woke crap that was abhorring me, and I think they are doing that, or I just stopped following Sims 4 video makers because most of them started to annoy me anyway. Fact is: that won't change that the game is stillborn. And a pyramid of doom was built where it should be its tombstone. And the soil there is of sand, get what I mean? Just the closed world is enough to impede me to return to it. It is what it is, what a loss.
Anyway, now we can wrap this lovely post up! For today, I may continue writing but on the side-blog, on Substack. But here, we are good to go, and of course, if anything, don't worry, I should return sometime next week. We'll chat some more, have a coffee, maybe some tarts on the side... for now, farewell! Cheers!

Comments
Post a Comment