Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we Wrap up June: the Blog Birthday month

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! How are you today? How is the weather? I do wish you the best, and hope the month of June wrapped up for you in a good tone. Did it wrapped it up, for me, like that? I guess it did. I almost didn't sleep, but fortunately managed to throw a bit of a nap together at the last minute. I tried my luck once again in EU4, did not work too well. Such a frustrating game. One of the first things I did this month was to remove it from my favorites on Steam, so its name does not stare at me, diminishing the temptation to open this hell's box. It is a game that brings me nothing but frustration, and I ought to avoid such bad feeling, I have it enough on my routine, I do not need it on my moments of pleasure. In fact, I went as far as uninstalling it. I pray that God give me strength to not return to this game, at least anytime soon. This will be my first act of July, and a good way of wrapping up June. 


Some more roses to fill your day with kind and good feelings!
How was the month, overall, anyway? It was overall a net positive. I can’t say if it’s because of the med I’m taking, or because of just recovering from very bad moments… I still miss my dear friend, but I am glad that we can chat sometimes, through the comments, these days, specially. I haven’t drawn much this last week, I did have some moments where I wanted to, but I could not bring myself to do it. I started a new course on drawing, but I haven’t seen much of it, yet. I did finish June in a good note in the sense of finally being able to participate in a chat with the School of Apelles, and it was a great conversation about storytelling in realist paintings. I hope next week I can participate again. I am sure it will be most excellent. I am happy Winter have come into fruition entirely, not only I can wear my sweaters more comfortably, socks also become a must! Unfortunately, most of my socks get too tight around my chubby feet and legs… I hate being fat, it prevents me from getting more proper and even more creative in the clothes I wear. I am limited by my size. Most things are too uncomfortable for me. I hope with a surgical intervention I am now planning with more concrete perspectives, I can not only finally lose weight, and get my food situation also in check, but also get more joie de vivre and more years to live. Of course, the process ought to be harsh, but losing weight through more traditional methods have been a fantastic failure so far, for one reason and another reason, that becomes a snowball. What I can say is, many on my political spectrum are so harsh towards us that fail to lose weight. Many talk to the masses in an intolerable use of “just exercise, eat better” like it’s that simple. Like only willpower is what it takes to change things. How… naive, to say the least. That reminds me of Nietzsche a bit. Truth is, life is more complicated than that. It is, I know because I live it and one trauma, one indisposition, is all it takes to get the whole “exercise and eat better” mentality crumble. So, for those who care, that are on my political spectrum, the libertarian one, or the conservative one… I don’t know where I fit anymore, but that is for another post… anyway, for those who care: empathy is a must. What else is there to be said?
I believe this is a good point to wrap up today’s post, I say that because I think I summed up everything I wanted to say in a good way, more talk than that and it will be a bit too long of a post. Your time is precious, and also another reason to say Thank You, for deciding to spend some moments with me. That is such a wonderful gesture, and I hope the exchange was mutually beneficial! I shall return soon with more posts, hopefully one opening up July, the next week or so… cheers to you, and happy Weekend, also!

Comments

Popular Posts