Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which I try to Recall 2015

Good afternoon, my friend, excellent reader of this post! Happy Monday, a new week! How are you? How is the weather? As for me, I am okay, though the weather is miserable. My beloved mom is so kind, she allowed me to borrow her fan, so I can use it throughout the day! I will give it back to her in the evening, when she sleeps, so no worries. This is the only way one can survive this harsh summer, without an AC unit, that is. Everything at its time, though.

Do you have any plans for the week? I trust I can continue my project with the architecture office this week, and so it will be fine. I am not sure if I will do a drawing. I don't desire to do it mechanically, you know, when I don't really want to do it. It ruins a hobby, and I behold the task ahead of me, unable to see if I will be able to do it, at all. I have been playing some Victoria 3 today, before lunch, and after the small meal of today, I may play something else, just to keep variety going. I am happy I am in a spirit such as to write, albeit with my phone. The spirit is here, even if I don't have a subject in mind to write about... 


I posted this picture today on my Instagram. After the very serious crisis of 2022, when they changed the layout of the app for the worse, I gradually have returned to it. I guess the net of using it is positive. I have some dear friends there, and alongside Pinterest, sometimes I see something worth seeing, on the feed. So, this picture takes us back to the now obscure year of 2015, with a camera device I don't have anymore. The middle of 2015, to be more precise. A time obscure from my thoughts, somehow. I was in softmore year in high school, all alone and relatively awkward and miserable... I was working on paintings, on the atelier, though, so not all is sad, just melancholic to think about it anyway. I think the most important thing that happened in this tepid relatively faded time is the fact I moved to the apartment I'd live for the next 5 years. Do you remember when I moved to another one, in 2020? And then to another, more definitive one, in 2021? I wrote about it here, but this blog already is in its way for 750 posts, so the post is buried in the archives. And I imagine you haven't been around for that long, now have you? Anyway, back in 2015, I did not dream of having a blog. Previously, 2012, I did have a venue for my stories, but being heavily disencouraged by some nasty folk I at the time called friends, I deleted the whole enterprise in the end of 2013. Do I regret getting rid of that one? I definitely regret being moved to do it so easily by that horrid folk. I drew, back in the day, as well. But was also discouraged of doing so. Only really got into the habit of doing it in 2017.

It is like a weird mush of things, the last decade. Everything seem so stir up together, now, a blur. The good and the bad, and some events led to weird dead corners, and were left at that, songs I did not continue listening to, books today I abhor, and that I did not like all that much at the time, either, but I wanted to be "in fashion". So are my late teen years... I can't say I miss them.

So, with that, I trust we can wrap up today's post. Everything is fairer when you look back at them. That is the moral of this post, I guess. Well, I hope to return to the blog on Wednesday, give it or take, so I can share more thoughts, stories, memories and ideas with you. Happy Monday once again, I wish you the best!

Comments

Popular Posts