Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which The Sun Collides with the Southern Hemisphere

Good morning, dear reader of this post, my good friend! Happy Sunday as well! How are you, today? As for me, I am okay, I'd say. This Saturday was super cool, in the sense that I played a game with my friend Maestro, Age of Empires 3, and I think we had a blast together! We tried playing against the enemies on hard difficulty, it did not work so well. But when we played the game on moderate, we've won without much effort! Winning or losing, we chatted through and through and even with the heat, we had a great time together! Apart from the nice moments on AOE, I also played Civ 5! Civ was nice, though my matches ended up with me losing, one way or another. I did not play Civ 4, not yet, because that game can be frustrating, and their mechanics are not as polished as the ones we find in the 5th entry of the franchise, which is my favorite one, specially due to all the good memories I had with it. When life was pretty bad, Civ 5 carried me through, and when life was fine, Civ made it even better! I am very relieved that after a horrid Friday, I had a good day to compensate! I also made some progress on the book about Maria Theresa, so that is nice, someday I will finish this fine record and start another fine one. 
I am concerned for the weather forecast, this Summer has been hot, and the next few days, accordimg to the metrics, should be the peak of the season, where the day may reach a temperature of 34 celsius, and 39 of thermic feel, which is unhealthy, and extremely miserable to all. The sun is kissing the southern hemisphere and I am really not appreciating such intimacy. 
I started writing this post at 7AM or sometime around that. The weather has reached new heights since then, going towards suffocating 33 celsius and indeed 39 of thermic feel. Everything smells like burnt toast, the wind is hot and dry, as the humidity sits in 59% at the moment, a low point for my area. I don't know what to write here besides the fact I am deeply struggling with the heat. I said it before, I can't draw properly because it is so hot and the sweat gets in the way. To play a game I need an extra potent fan, my own barely doing the job. How I dream and hope to have my AC unit fixed! I will beg to mom once again...


Anyway, when I return to the computer, I hope, even with the very castigating heat, to either play something or work on the assignment I have, though it is a weekend... I wish I could write about something more exciting than the heat or my routine, this blog has become a journal essentially, but most of the time, I cannot organize the thoughts I have easily, and sharing them on a journal narrative helps me at least move the ink forward.
So, this is today's narrative: it is hot and miserable, and I am struggling. Hope to fix my AC at some point. Anyway, that is what I have for now. I should come back at some point this new week, I pray that it may be on Wednesday in the latest, but as you know, the weather is awful, it affects my brain, making him lazy and dull, more than usual, I only desire to rest and wake up once the month of May arrives, as May brings the rain of winter. One cannot sleep for that long, though, so I should move forward, somehow. Thank you once again for being here, my friend, and I see you again real soon, and I wish you the best.

Comments