Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we Wrap up April, the month that ended with the Surgery...

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post! Happy Wednesday, and I wish you the best! How are you, today? As for me, I am alright... it has been a great and rocky journey, though. I had my surgery on the 25th of April, last week, a Thursday, and wow, what a surgery! I was not expecting the procedure to be so debilitating at first! The anesthesia was very strong, and took me a day to recover from it. Then, later, I had to deal with the gas on my stomach. It took me an extra day or two to start to feel like myself again. And even then, I could not write, nor draw, even if I could slowly return to my beloved videogames. When I finally opened the blog site, it was already the 30th of April. Anyway, after all of those bumps, some pretty violent ones, I am happily back in action, for the most part. The recovery goes on, though, I am on a liquid diet for some more days, then starts the other step of the recovery. I am looking forward to return to eat normally again. I would love to have croissant and coffee. That will indeed have to wait. 

Was I in any death risk? In retrospect, I think I was mostly safe. The surgeon did how he did well, the team was very happy to help, my aunt that is a doctor was there to assist, too. That is the wrong question to ask, then. The right one is: was it without discomfort? And for that, I say the answer is a surgical procedure would cause some pain, and I was never really exposed to such procedure in such way. So, during the procedure I was not bothered, but afterwards I could barely open my eyes - anesthesia going off. A lot of gas on my stomach caused huge pains - part of the procedure to insert gas on the organ to be manipulated. But, on the grand scheme of things, after 5 days, I am mostly myself again. And was it worth it? Early to tell. I prefer to see how my weight goes down with the doctor team. I will say this: I don't feel as much pain in sitting down, not as some days ago. That is a tremendous good sign.


In other news, I found this painter, Nicolas Lancret, and cannot have enough of him!

My dear friends could not have been more lovely towards me. Evan and Johannes and so many other dears were asking for my well being even before the procedure. Family was hugely supportive, too. Grandparents were always asking for me and wishing me the best, grandma mom of mom also visited me even in the hospital, which I greatly appreciate. Dad in the end was supportive, too, though his visit to the hospital was... a thing, to say the least. Dear God, my dad's situation at work is dire, and I fear for my sustenance. And the things that come out of his mouth only confirm why that would be the case. He lacks all sense of balance! He is crude towards others (even when the other is on the wrong, I'd still give the person the upper hand as to not appear bad on my side). I don't want to continue to talk over his mental decline... so let's move on.

Concerning games, took me some days to be on the mindset for them again, Saturday I could barely walk of so exhausted, and Sunday I was only recovering from said exhaustion. Happily, I am back on track. What will I do today? First of all: to wait for the new DLC for EU4, coming out a week from now, that is a good start. Then, I hope to decide on a first game to play, I am torn between Pharaoh or Civ 5. And on Civ 5, I am further torn between restarting fresh or continuing an old save that I haven't touched since February. Maybe something else is in order... I could finish the book I am reading as well, finally, too... but I am barely getting back to my feet, so don't go expecting anything else than the basics for today.

With that, time to wrap up April, a month of many challenges. May is to start, now. Will proceed on recovering on May, so I am to expect and hope. What else is there to be said? I should also wrap up today's post. I should be back real soon with more good news around this next week or during the weekend. Until then, Thank you once again for your loving support, see you again real soon! Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts