Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which the Blog was almost lost, and other thoughts

Good evening, my friend, reader of the present post, I am happy to see you, always happy to see you. How are you, this fine beginning of Thursday? The past few days have been of profound stress and tears of desperation. This is due in special because my blog, I believe due to an AI moderation malfunction, was flagged as malware and taken down by Google. That was the equivalent of throwing me in an ice lake in antartica. I made an appeal afterwards, and thankfully the error was corrected, but until it was recovered, I had a horrendous Tuesday-Wednesday night. I was weeping through the whole evening, I risked losing the work, albeit hobby oriented, of 8 years. 

It was not the only reason for my tears. I also saw an eulogy a new pen pal made for his great friend, that unfortunately perished. I felt awful for him, and I wish I could have met his good friend, he seemed like a lovely gentleman. I decidedly don't like eulogies much, I definitely felt small in comparison to his friend. And it made me think what will I be remembered for, and if people would remind my favorite sweets, and if they'd keep a thought my way, should I ever had the horrible fate earlier than intended. Just a melancholic anguish. 




There is the apology letter I wrote to Adam, I pray that, if it is in the interest of this great man, that I may be forgiven and we can start over on a more healthy ground. That is all I can do, to pray.  Pray that perhaps he may have the chance to read it. God bless him, in any case. 

This Thursday, I am profoundly relieved my blog was reinstated, and it went to show how much this publication means to me. How much I enjoy writing and how painful on the thought of losing so much of my semi-daily chronicles of life. I hope I can write some nice posts the next few ones, I have uplifting ideas, that I pray I can put them on paper. We will see. Not exactly the most auspicious beginning for birthday month, but perhaps the big day, August 12, will be one day of bliss and fulfillment.

I just hope and pray profusely that the AI does not flag my blog again for his malfunctions or rushed judgements. It is the risk of overly relying on language models, I don't think the cost saving is enough to justify infuriating the customers with low standard quality assurance and moderation. I have started thinking of having an alternative vessel for this blog on another platform, perhaps Substack... we will see, once more. This to just ease the risk of losing all my work, so to speak, again. 

With that, I am wrapping today's journal entry! I wish you a happy August and the best, I should see you again, Lord willing, around this weekend. Don't worry, it will go by fast! I'll be around again before you know it! So, farewell, just for now, cheers!

Comments