Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Album of the month! In which I make some confessions on a dance floor!

Good morning to you, dear reader! Happy Friday to you!! Yes, the month of July it's coming to an end, how fast it went! It seems like it was yesterday that I was writing about the birthday of the blog! And with this happening, time for another album of the month! July was a month filled with music of every kind for me, but one album ended up following me from the begining of it until now, and it will keep following me for a long time! As you guys know, I love Madonna's work, and I'm always looking for the albums I didn't pay proper attention before for whatever reason, so I can listen to them more carefully. This time, the name Confessions on a Dance Floor invaded my mind. It was one I've been ignoring for some time, and I decided I should do something about it, so in my first opportunity this month, I searched for it and started listening to the work, and why didn't I do that earlier in my life? This is an amazing record! And shall be the one highlighted today! Since the structure, focus and the style of this album are different ones from Staying At Tamara's, our album of June, I'm not doing a track-by-track analysis this time, but I hope you guys might find my thoughts on the record nice!


Now on my list of favorite records not only by her but in general, with another acclaimed ones such as Music, Ray of Light and Bedtime Stories, this eletronic dancing masterpiece is heavily inspired by the disco days of the 70's and also ABBA, which becomes quite obvious when you know the rhythm of the opening track of it: Hung Up, is the same one used in one of ABBA's songs: Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) from the 1979 album Voulez Vous, also with a heavy disco influence. Listening to the whole record is quite impactful, bringing us to a hypnotizing journey throughout the dance floor and really bring us to "forget our problems" (as one of my favorite tracks says in its opening: Future Lovers), every song has a fantastic upbeat that goes way beyond pop, eletronica and dance, and it in some way bring us back to the spiritual experience of Ray of Light in some way. All of the songs are amazing, but my personal favorites are: Future Lovers, as I said, I Love New York, Jump and Isaac. I highly recommend you all to check for this 2005 treasure, as it seems a little bit forgotten today. It definitely brought an amazing and unique experience to the world, and this should never be underestimated. Here're the links to it! Spotify and Youtube!!


I really hope this superb work might bring upbeat happiness to your Friday!! It's always so amazing to share this with you all!! Since this is a Friday, we're also having a song of the week coming up, so see you very soon on the next post!

Comments