Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Song of the week! In which we listen to a subtle beautiful song!

Following the album of the month, time for the song of the week! In contrast to the very upbeat and exuberant Confessions on a Dance Floor that I just shared with you guys, I wanted to have something more slow and subtle next! You know, those amazing eletronic songs are great, but sometimes you just want to have something more calm and heartfelt, and today, we're having this with a song I discovered this year from a wonderful artist I also discovered this year! Birthday by Luke Dimond!


As I said, Luke is one of the artists I discovered in 2018, and I'm very glad I did because he's amazing in my opinion, he's really talented and musically intelligent and his voice is sweet, calm, subtle and very troubadouresque, poetic. I should definitely make a post just on him in the future, but for now let us focus on Birthday, which is a really nice and sweet song about how important it is to tell people we like that we like them, and that we shoudn't just tell them in important ocasions, at least that was my interpretation of it. I definitely recommend you guys this very nice tune! And if you don't have Spotify, do not distress! I have the youtube link right here!


And with Birthday we close our musical Friday! I really hope you have enjoyed it and hope that the content I brought enrinched your life just a little bit! I will definitely bring more songs by Luke here in the future, you guys should definitely search for him, he's fantastic! See you all next time, always a pleasure to be here!

Comments