Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Song of the week! In which we pay homage to disco music and Donna Summer!

Hello everyone and happy Friday!! So happy to be here today writing this post for you and for me! How are you? As usual, I wish you the best! The days are still hot and with a very bright sun, it's like the summer is here earlier in 2018, what's going on??? As you know, as much as I love blue skies, I prefer the rain, ANYWAY, but the weather fits well the song I'm bringing today!! We're going to go back in time "just" a little bit for the disco days of the disco queen herself, DONNA SUMMER! And DON'T YOU FEEL THE LOVE IN THE AIR?



This was the first song I heard of her, it came out of nowhere on Spotify last year, and I love it so much! It's so hypnotizing and exuberant! But for some time it was the only song of her I knew, until her name popped into my head for some reason this month, and now I've been listening to her so much, and her songs are truly something else! I still don't know much about this fantastic artist, but I definitely have to keep searching for her and keep discovering her wonderful songs, just like this one! It has almost ten minutes and it holds you for this whole almost ten! And you even ask for more when it's over! I'm such a musical grandpa, I think I tend to love disco music in general, it's truly a rhythm in ebullition!! And if you don't have Spotify, do not worry! I have the link for Youtube as well:


I really encourage you to listen to it, I think it's worth it! Donna Summer is what we have for today, this nice Friday! Thank you so much for being here, I appreciate you a lot! See you next time!

Comments