Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

Sketch of the week! In which we talk about the guy with many last names!

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday to you!! How are you today and how are things going?? As usual, I do wish you the best, and hope your week is going really well! I'm so happy to be here writing this post to you! Today was a really hot day and I'm a bit tired, and college is really being tough, but apart from that I'm having a peaceful day today, I think that's important! Today is also Sketch day so that''s so awesome!! I had a rush of energy this weekend and drew quite a bit! I drew the teapots for my birthday friends, and I also drew my new character, that I'm about to share! I am not too happy about sharing my drawings, but one of the motives of me having this blog is precisely to have a place to write and sketch and so on, so here we are! And we're about to meet the guy with a galaxy in his head!


With his very big eyes, meet Ptolomeus Selene Philopater Philomater Philadelfus Soter! This weekend I read a really small book in the life of Cleopatra VII, the last ruler of Ptolomaic Egypt. Small, but really interesting! Having this in mind, this is one of the rare sketches that was born already with a name and with a hair in mind! His name is an homage to Cleopatra and to Astronomy, and, in greek, means The Warrior from The Moon, who loves his Father, who loves his mother, who loves his brother and is a savior! Sounds like a long name, right? But the Ptolomaic rulers loved to filled their names with fancy titles such as these! My homage to the sky and astronomy comes with his hair, in which I mixed dark blue, really dark blue, and purple, to get this effect. this theme follows his eyes, clothing, and the actual naive stars in the background! I kind of liked this drawing... but if I had to change something, I think his eyes came down too big... but I guess that's the final result, and I liked it! The sky themed Ptolomeus whas also an homage I did to one of my best virtual friends, Corinne, who loves this stuff even more than I do! She's really smart and wonderfull indeed!
Our friend in common, Ptolomeus, is what we have for today!! Thank you so much for reading this, you're the very best, please never forget that! See you next time!!

Comments