Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In Which we have some Christmas decoration, real and in drawing!

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday to you, and I do wish you the best today! How are you today, and how are things going? It's a bit very hot here, but Christmas time is here, so that is amazing! I'm a bit hungry right at this moment... I can't believe we're on the last moments of 2018, it is something I'm not thinking about these hours, and I don't want to, for now it's still 2018, there's the unknown coming. The Unknown was 2018, which is now approaching its end. It was explored, discovered. The things I found were nice and not nice, I had nice and awful moments, but well, 2019 is coming, Christmas is about this as well! The coming of the new, the new is coming, 2019 is coming, and Christmas is every time of the year anyway, so well, I shouldn't be that scared, and anyway, going with no expectations may be a great thing after all! Well, we have another Christmas post today! I realized this is the last time on 2018 I have the opportunity to do a picture of the week and a sketch of the week, so I'll do both today! Some nice last pictures of 2018 Christmas, and a sketch I did in homage to my best friends!


I saw this Christmas tablecloth that is truly wonderful and comes each year without a fault, specially on the festivities of 24th and 25th of December, the height of the season! They are enchanting on both sides, and I decided to use it as the background to this wonderful christmas house that I love so much, the result was something that reminded me a bit of Wes Anderson, and I do love Wes Anderson a lot! I love the colors of Christmas, the snow, the beautiful pinetree, the small details on this beautiful sculpture of a lovely house, so perfect it is! I also took some pictures of the tablecloth itself, and I'm so excited to show that too to you guys!!


I did love the theme, extremely pleasant to see, fits so well with Christmas season!  And as we progress, let me wrap this post by showing a small teapot and a teacup I did to my wonderful online friend the Captain and Becky!! 


Here I just made a porcelain teacup with some kitten details and a small teacup with a cat in it!!! I love my friends so much, I just wanted to make that to them, but I also love teacups and porcelain and cats and stuff, so it was a theme I was really happy to work with! Making stuff for people is nice, not only because you show them how much you like them, but also a way to push yourself on doing better drawings without necessarily stressing so much, or at least bearing the stress better, because the joy of gifting someone something you did to them is a great one, and you just want to do the best to your friends! I do make nice drawings to myself as well, but making drawings to others helps me improve even more as well! So here we have, our small Christmas special post! One more!! Thank you so much for reading this and being here! You're the very best, and see you next time!

Comments