Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In which we talk about a great Christmas Special!

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday to you and good evening as well! Also happy December and happy Christma season!! How are you today, how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best, hope you're having a nice day indeed! As for me, today was a calm day! I could've done more, and I didn't progress much on my studies today, since I have a test tomorrow, but anyway, I hope I got this... The weather was hot, as usual, but well, it's Christmas season, so, yea! I also talked to some friends, and that was amazing too! Hope Sunday may be more productive, I want to sketch something. Of course, I wanted to have made this post sooner, but I'm kind of enjoying writing on the night, though I prefer doing it during the day, anyway... Today there's a very special Christmas special I'd love to talk about! A Very Murray Christmas!!


When I heard Sofia Coppola was doing a christmas special for Netflix, I got so excited to see it! When I finally got to watch it, back on the Christmas of 2015, as I was expecting, I loved it so much! It became a Christmas tradition of mine ever since, to watch this amazing special on every season! In fact, I appreciated it so much I even watch it "out of season", and I have put the sentence like that because for me Christmas is all year, but anyway, this show has a killer cast, with Bill Murray at the center of it all, but also Rashida Jones, Jason Schwartzman, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Paul Shaffer, and some really interesting appearances thoughout the show, such as Michael Cera, Miley Cyrus, George Clooney, Chris Rock, and the list goes on! Indeed is quite a spectacle!
The plot is quite simple, and it patch small stories as it goes on, starting on a Christmas special Bill Murray has to do, but is very reluctant on doing so, and so it goes from there! 
This special is very pleasant and nice to watch! It passes fast and at least made me wanting to rewatch and see it more when it's over! Lots of wonderful songs in it, even more forgotten Christmas ones, which is always amazing to see it back, I loved all the songs and the people singing it did it beautifully, it's lovely and smart, I definitely appreciated it a lot! It also made me recognize the talent of Miley! I use to ignore her, specially after her career took the path it took in 2013 and so on, but seeing her appearance on the show, it really made me at least recognize that she's a great singer, and today I really appreciate her and listen to some of her songs! And I also like her as a coach on The Voice! 
The Aesthetics of it is smart, really feels like New York, and it really has the director touch in it, which is refreshing! I really adore the work by Sofia, my favorite movie, Marie Antoinette, was made by her, and I felt all of this on the special, and I loved it! And of course, Bill Murray is just amazing, he's an actor that truly makes me want to see a movie just because he's in it! 
And for today this very nice and eyecandy Christmas Special is what we have! If you feel like it, give it a chance and you might like it too! Thank you so much for reading this post, you're really the best, dear reader, and I always appreciate your presence a lot! See you next time!

Comments