Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which we see a kitten napping in the radiator! And the picture of the Week!

Hello everyone! Happy Monday to you! And good Afternoon as well! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope you are doing fine! I'm having a calm day so far, I watched some The Office, the weather is hot but I have my electric fans, and I may or my not turn the air conditioner on... I'm so tempted to do so, though that wouldn't be wise, or would it be, as the sun is cooking everything under its shines, and talking about air conditioners, I saw a very lovely painting recently, that made me so happy, and that I wanted so much to share with you guys right now! A cat in a Battery (Radiator) by Maria Chepeleva!


This kitten, like me, knows how amazing those devices can be! On a hot weather like mine, living without air conditioning is harsh, and on cold weathers, having a heater has the same effect! Also, how relaxed he sounds, just having his nap, observing the enviroment, he looks peaceful and comfortable! Maybe some human may show up to bother him, but some petting might suit this lovely creature! I loved this painting very much, it is indeed a wonderful one, I love kittens and I love oil painting and I love the wallpaper, how talented the artist is to produce such effects, I'm enchanted! I wish I had a kitten, I can't right at this moment, but I'm slowly feeling more comfortable, and I think when the time comes I'll be able to own a cat and properly take care of him! Giving him healthcare, proper food, love, everything this lovely creature may need. I wish I was in a mood to write something these days, though I'm still tired of that story I finished in 2018, dedicated to Zach, and there's the story I translated on my blog as well, my mind is tired this January, I think it happens, some moments are more creative than others... I will though try to do some poetry, as it's always good, a bit of a small freestyle piece, as I know my limitations. Anyway, on this relaxed enviroment, I also would like to share with you guys the picture of the week! A small world of plants and a really blue sky, one of the only good things that comes with this unsufferable temperature.


It's hard to believe this is just a small picture, bellow it we have a wall and around it just some grass, plants can be find in the other side of the wall, but they're small, the miniature of a forest. Lovely plants those are, lovely leafs! It is an enchanting enviroment, that pleases me a lot! It's nice to return on the routine on my blog, to have pictures of the week and stuff.
I turned the air conditioner on in the end, it cooled the enviroment a lot and it is much more comfortable now, though I may turn it off soon when I start freezing! Anyway, thank you so much for being here and reading this! You are the very best! I'm very thankful for it! This is what we have today on the Divagation Store! See you on the next post! Yahoo!

Comments