Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which one can still feel the cold steel of the Dell brand laptop...

Good evening, kind friend, dear reader of this present post! How are you? I hope you have been well? Of course, do let me know! And how is the weather? Much to my relief, where I am at, it is still partially winter, it has been hard to say when winter will end and I would be certain it is spring. It did not rain as much in this season, alas, and I adore the rain.  I did not have the most productive of days yesterday, the last Saturday of September 2026. In fact, I was exhausted, I slept through most of it. And, what else to do? I could not bring myself on doing anything. No desire to engage in any game, no mindspace for drawing, and I could not write either. I just slept. A dear friend mentioned perhaps I needed the extra sleep, so it is what it is.  I was thinking of a song, which is the one part of the piece of Pelleas et Melisande, this time done by my favorite composer, Gabriel Faure. The Sicilienne part, probably one of my favorite pieces of music ever. Fun how it works, ...

In which I make a poem to Wirt!

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday to you!! Good Morning and I wish you the best!!! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I hope your day is going well! How is the weather where you are? Here, it is hot I'd say, but not as it was back on April, those were the days when we received a small sample from Hell! I guess it's The Heavens reminding us to not sin, or face the consequences! Effective, well played! And talking about it, I've been wanting to do a proper homage to my wonderful favorite character of Over The Garden Wall Wirt for a while now, and today I managed to do so, composing a poem for this sensible person that I love so much, here is one of my homages to him.

I found this fanart here! And find it quite wonderful

WIRT'S QUIET MARCH
By Daniel M.

With the sound of clarinets, he comes
Wirt of the sensible soul, worried eyes
Sense for details, he goes through the turtles

Able to recognize Rococo, and aware of his lamentations
Wirt, the romantic being, cries in hopelessness
The landscape is freezing, the music won't stop
He keeps on walking, his coat protects him

Wirt, the kind being with a concerned heart
Too many times he felt like his life was slipping
He finds love and it feels out of reach, not something he can grasp

But Wirt still goes, his soul won't skip
There's joy on him, he has faith in art
Worrysome won't kill his spirit

With the sound of clarinets, he goes
Wirt of the sensible soul, kind eyes
Bravely on a worthy quest
He goes through the turtles
...

And with this small poem, I finish today's post! And of course, happy month of June! Corn season is coming and guess what? My blog will be one year old in just 7 days! Sounds amazing!!! I can't believe I've been writing for this long now! Quite a joyous ocasion is coming! Thank you so much for being here, like I said wish you the best dear reader, you are the very best, and I see you next time soon!

Comments