Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which the author waits for his new Laptop to come!

Hello everyone! Happy Friday! Good afternoon! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope all is fine! How is the weather where you are? Here today rained a bit and the weather has been fresh, thank Goodness, I'm very grateful for it! Tomorrow it's a holiday here, independence day, but well who cares, it's Saturday! But well since there are rumors some won't go to college today, I won't either, because why not? I got nothing to lose, besides some boring class... I also had some blood drawn from me, twice, can you believe it? Quite painful, oh poor me. How is your September going so far? As for me, I'd say is being okay, more than okay if you count the fact that I purchased a new laptop earlier this week! Yes! I finally managed to get a new laptop after keeping my old one for 6 years, bumps and all, like I had to exchange the screen of this one twice for example, but here I am writing this post with my old veteran one, while waiting for my new one to come, Gosh I can't wait, it's taking so long I must say!! Well, while we wait, why not have a song of the week? Today we have the adorable Rainbow Connection , written by Paul Williams and Kenneth Ascher! I'm bringing both the Gwen Stefani Cover and the Muppets version of the 2011 movie!



This song is quite smartly written I must say, I definitely recommend it! Talking about the ilusions around us and what drawn us to it, rainbow is only a small detail in life, and yet so much is said about it, about its beauty and about its powers, even if those are not real, not at all. So, what keep on making us drawn to those things? Maybe we'll find it, the rainbow connection, and so it goes! It's really a good one, worth of your time! Thank you so much for being here, dear reader, you are the very best, I must say! Wish you the best! And see you next time!

Comments