Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Song of the week! In which we go on an adventure With the Pharao's Dance

Hello everyone, happy Friday to you and good Afternoon, how are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope things are doing well! How is the weather where you are? Here it is rainy and cloudy, a weather I very much enjoy, the weather is fresh, how lovely! I marked some doctor appointment for me as well, so I can get my sleep on check, I always like taking care of my health, on the ways I can do, I mean, it is quite lovely to do so! I should do some drawings as well, but today I mostly wanted to play Civ VI and read my book! Let us see how it goes indeed! For now, so far so good, and today is song of the week as well, and I have a very special piece to share with you guys, a true adventure by Miles Davis, the Pharao's Dance! And just as I typed this post it started raining, I'm so happy, rain is so full of life, the smell is great as well, almost makes me go take a shower in it!



Released in 1970, with the album Bitches Brew, This huge song is a carnival for the senses, opening our ears to an incredible experience of softness and also intensity hard to get anywhere else, this song doesnt feel 20 minutes long either, it definitely flow by fast but also gently, on this very interesting kind of jazz. I found amazing how Jazz is diversified, having so many interpretations of it, this is one of the most creative, and I definitely recommend to you guys! And this is it for today, just another song for you guys to maybe listen and enjoy! Wish you the best and you are the best! See you next time!

Comments