Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have many years in a week: Morning in Brazil, too?

Good morning, most kind and dear friend, reader of this present post, too! How are you? This is a post I have been trying to write since this Tuesday or so... and it has been quite hard to think on what to develop into a more substancial thought. There is a lot that I would like to talk, and I was terrified of starting a post, only to delete it and leave it at that, it happened time and again, and it destroys me for the moment. I don't know why such a strong repulsion against starting a thought and not knowing how to end, not finding a good way to conclude. Perhaps it is fear of fatigue. Or of being mistreated. But I do have an ongoing trend that I perceive, I really, really wanted to mention it. I did start the year a bit annoyed with the 2016 nostalgia, and on that line, I said that it was more of a 1989 year than 2016. I said it due to the capture of Maduro, the (ongoing) second Iranian Revolution and war, the immense losses the left suffered across latin America, that brought s...

In Which The Music Died

Hello everyone! Good morning! Happy Monday! Happy February! What did I miss? In case you didn't know I took a break from blogging, it was supposed to be just a day, then it turned into two days, then it turned to a week, and this week turned itself to be two weeks without blogging, how did I let this happen? Easy: routine is back, I returned on Pilates, on Therapy, on my graphic design classes, and so on, so I couldn't write when I was doing all of this, because when I got home I was tired and just wanted to stay in bed, I still do, but today luckily I woke up feeling like this day is a new day and I came here and here I am now, writing on my blog AT LIVE! Yes!! While I stream! How awesome is it, I ask myself, we shall see. First and foremost, I finally discovered a thing today which is pretty interesting, but also tragic, do you guys know this very famous song "American Pie" by Don Mclean? If you don't I'm gonna let it linked here on the blog, but it is this very long and beautiful song, with quite a poetic lyrics too, and it says at its climax about the day that music died. I found out what he means, in 1959, on this day, February 3rd, without getting into much details as I'm only finding out this now, but apparently, on a very tragic plane crash, Rock Singers Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and Jiles "The Big Bopper" Perry died, in Iowa, USA, to be more precise, and that is the day that music died, quite a tragedy that I'm only finding out about now! Even if I've been listening to this song since 2018, I mean, I stopped listening to it during my great depression of 2018, and spent my 2019 absent from it. But thanks to my friend BludHaven86 from Twitch and Discord, he is awesome by the way, I have rediscovered this song, and it helped that when I went to a pizza place on February 1st I listened to the song on the pizza place I was in, which was a happy coincidence, and here we are now! Wiriting about the day that music perished. I know, it is a very macabre way of returning to the blog, but well, here I am, back to stay I hope, I still have the schedule on my mind, but in the end I'll try to post every once in a week, but if I can I will try to keep the 4 posts per week thing, even if it's absolutely crazy to do so! Also I'm about to return to college as well, so let's see how things go.... more details into it if I actually return haha, or on the next post, if I have relevant news, as for today, I guess it's getting really big, so I'm calling for today, thank you so much for being here, dear reader, you are the best, and I wish you the best!



Comments