Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which we talk about an important tip for Anno 1800

Hello guys! Good morning and I wish you the best! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you all the best and hope everything is fine! How is the weather where you are? Here it is winter alright, I am wearing my sweater, and also my socks with my crocs that I like so much! I watered my plants as well! How nice is that? Well, today I just wanted to be straightforward because I have a nice tip to give you guys about Anno 1800!!! Let's jump to it, but first, how about some cookies?


Grab some cookies and let's move on to what I have to say!
A tip that I give is GO SLOW! Don't be afraid to just stop your progress for a bit in order for you to breathe a bit and smell the roses of what you have now! If you have a prospering settlement of Farmers, you might wanna wait just a bit before inviting the workers in, and specially, you don't wanna invite Artisans straightaway when you have your town of workers up and running, as the gap between your artisans and workers is a deep one. Artisans will require you to settle on another island, if you haven't already (Ideally you have an island with Hopps and Grain fertility in order to make some Beer) so you can cultivate red pepper for the canned food, and also they will require you to settle in the new world in order to get processed cotton so you can start making some fur coats, and that's a whole different animal, like I said, go slow! Only go to the new world when you are absolutely settled with your artisans, it will only get more complex from now on. 
And well, that's all I wanted to say in today's post, I don't want to keep on going for too long because I don't wanna get boring, you got my point: go slow, one step at a time! Hopefully in the future I can think of other Anno tips for you guys! See you all next time! Hurray!

Comments