Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have many years in a week: Morning in Brazil, too?

Good morning, most kind and dear friend, reader of this present post, too! How are you? This is a post I have been trying to write since this Tuesday or so... and it has been quite hard to think on what to develop into a more substancial thought. There is a lot that I would like to talk, and I was terrified of starting a post, only to delete it and leave it at that, it happened time and again, and it destroys me for the moment. I don't know why such a strong repulsion against starting a thought and not knowing how to end, not finding a good way to conclude. Perhaps it is fear of fatigue. Or of being mistreated. But I do have an ongoing trend that I perceive, I really, really wanted to mention it. I did start the year a bit annoyed with the 2016 nostalgia, and on that line, I said that it was more of a 1989 year than 2016. I said it due to the capture of Maduro, the (ongoing) second Iranian Revolution and war, the immense losses the left suffered across latin America, that brought s...

In which we talk about the Dream of Flight

Good afternoon guys! How are you today and how are things going? I do hope all is well! As for me, I'm doing well, the weather is also fine, how is yours? My classes of software graphic design are returning to presential next week, which is cool, I mean, I have to say I was enjoying a lot the online classes, but well, I suppose the things need to come back to normal at some point! I mean, things have been starting to opening up since June, May was a month of announcing things would turn to normal at some point. I hope my birthday in August 12 may be nice, as I hope August may be a pleasant month! Well, anyway, I have a dream to share with you guys! Let's jump into it, shall we?



In this dream that I remember, I was at the small court of the house of my grandparents, minding my business, at night, and I can remember having my brother there as well. Well, out of nowhere those men came flying bycicle planes, like the ones of the beginning of the 20th century, rudimentary and all that, and they invited us to fly with them, and we accepted their invite! So we went to the clouds, nothing separating us from the sky, we flew away! That's the dream, I swear the flew away part is a happy ending, not something dark or tragic. But apart from that, this is what I have to share with you guys, and to complete the post, let's also have some music! From Sid Meier's Civilization VI, we have the composer Christopher Tin with his lovely creation: Sogno di Volare!




Such a wonderful composition! One of my favorite parts of Civ VI for sure! It is up to debate if it fits with the cartoony feel of this edition of the game, but well, Civ IV had Baba Yetu... My favorite theme has to be though the Civilization V (Vanilla) one, as a bonus, I will share this one with you guys as well!




I'm extremely fond of Civ V art Deco style, never will go out of fashion, the menus and icon designs are one to survive the test of time! Anyway, lots of content in today's post! Hope you guys like it! I'm wrapping things up, wish you the best, hope things go fine in your weekend and everything! See you on the next post, and may the next post be soon!

Comments