Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I win a VERY TOUGH GAME as Venice on Civ V

Good afternoon dear reader! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope all is well! How is the weather where you are? Let me tell you, wow, it got a bit colder, so much in fact I'm running my fan on the lowest speed. I'm also with my popsicle socks, but no sweater for today. Today I just wanted to share a CIV TALE with you guys! A short one, so don't worry! Let's jump into it, shall we?

So I wanted to play this game as Venice, on Civilization V, this civ is a very interesting one, as it can only found one city. All other cities it may acquire must be city-states, and you only may acquire them with the Merchant of Venice unique unit, that replaces the great merchant. Anyway, I was having a very tough game, Pocatello, leader of the Shoshone, was like 300 points ahead of me, building his spaceship, dominating all the other civs of his continent militarly, also with a very strong cultural game on the top of that. I was facing a giant, in every sense. But still I won.

How did I won? It was very last call resource, I had money by my side. One of the advantages of Venice is the abundance of Trade Routes it has. Well, I sent gifts of money to all the city states I could, the Shoshone could not compete on this field with me, I mean, I had to be good at something, right? First edition of the UN, I had Arabia and Morocco voting for me, but still, by only 5 points, I didn't win. I had to wait 12 more turns to manage to build my support and finally beat the monster that was the Shoshone. This was a solid one, but still was a close call.

I've been trying to play as Venice for over a week now, of course I've tried before again and again, and I succeeded before as well, but this is my first time playing as them in my new bedroom, so this means something to me! Hurray! Now, even if I'm taking a small break from Civ V, that will last for a couple of days, I'm already planning this game as Babylon, and this one I'm sure I'll succeed.

This is the small Civ Tale I'd like to share with you guys! Thank you so much for being here and for reading this, means a lot! And I see you all August 31st for our last post of the month, and to say hello to September!

Comments