Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which we talk about The Upside Down week!

Hello and good morning everyone! How are you and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope all is well with you! How is the weather where you are? I hope it is a good one, with clouds in the sky and the sun behind it, like a nice curtain! Winter keeps on going, but springtime will be here soon, the heat comes with it, I hope it doesn't get too hot, even if at some moments it is already too hot, anyway, the perks of living in a tropical region... This week has been a weird one and we are on Tuesday! Like, I didn't post on the blog yesterday, I am posting today instead, taking Wednesday to rest and then again posting on Thursday, so it goes! I totally forgot the subject of today's post unfortunately, but well, let us keep on going! I am having a very good game on Civ on Kongo, a Civ I haven't tried before, I'm really enjoying it, and I wasn't expecting to have such a good game, like at all! Wow, Kongo impressed me!

Also, something really good happened that should serve as incentive for me on the stream world, I received my first paycheck from Twitch! Which is mind blowing! Good money too! Which totally got me off guard! Well, anyway, memento mori, I was having a very bad moment just a couple of days ago, now I'm having a good day, which is quite refreshing, really! Let us see how it goes, shall we, hurray!



This is for my friend Yun, he loves those wonderful flowers and so do I! He introduced me to them, even! So thank you, Yun, for bringing some happiness and beauty to my life, it does mean a lot! And well, today is just that kind of improv update post The blog is famous for! Thank you for being here, dear reader, and I see you real soon!

Comments