Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which I make some advances on the story

Hello everyone! Hope your winter wonderland of December and Christmas is going peacefully well, and I hope the forecast weather for the upcoming week may be a nice one! On my world, it isn't a winter wonderland, but quite the opposite, but it is December and Christmas, so that is great. On a nice turn of events, I won the giveaway of the channel of a friend, Gorthal aka DanDan, and I got two games as result of it, two that I must say, I am looking forward to try it out! Also, the second season of Hilda, a Netflix show, came in, I hope the animation lift my spirit up. I pray that it is not poluted with politics or elements of the cultural destruction promoted by so many in a society that is flirting far too much with decline. I personally need something moral, inspiring, beautiful, fun and cute. A safe haven. I remembering liking the first season, so I want to give the second season a try. I also should watch Klaus, another movie I look with interest, but I worry if it has any hint of identity politics in it, or marxism, something I avoid like the plague that it is, purging the world of so many souls, evil and rotten.
I have some ideas for my story I'd love to share with you guys today! It's gonna be a highly improv post, but I hope I make any sense, and maybe you guys will like it.
My plan was initially to write a short episode of Over The Garden Wall, one between the 3rd and the 4th, the more I think about it though, the less I am convinced this should be the way to go, I don't wanna stick to the formula of the show, as much as I love it so much, I want to take elements of other stories as well and add to it, being more one centered on the description of the scenario than anything else, or at least, as I think about it, it's my conclusion so far. I was reluctant on writing about the story before writing it, as some could say it's already spoiling something of it, but well, I decided to write it anyway. I feel bad for not doing this whole month all dedicated to Christmas, but I want to have a variety Christmas this time, where I focus on some other aspects of life. That being said, though I don't plan initially to compromise in having Christmas as the focus of this story, I plan on heavily being based towards it. Hopefully it will come out well. I should start working on it later today, if I can, just playing with my mind, and I hope to have finished it by the end of this year! There won't be any posts until the story is done, but it shouldn't take too long to write what I have in mind. Am I being too serious, on the tone of this post, I wonder... I hope not, if I am, forgive me, I did not have a good day this Sunday. I mean, most of it was alright, just a minor part of it almost ruined it all, and I am thinking how should I tell this to my therapist, who probably won't help me much in this aspect.
Today is just a small post, on a truly Divagation Store fashion, where I just think a bit about the possibilities of my imagination, how much will I borrow from other pieces, how much will I actually create, they say the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Well, this one doesn't have that many miles, and the first steps towards it were taken! See you real soon, dear reader!!

Comments