Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which we have a Farewell to Ethan

Hello dear reader of this post, and good morning, and happy Wednesday! Hopefully it will be a nice one, a day in which I'll manage to do lots of nice things, and feel happy by doing them. I did had some anxiety this morning, but I also took my meds, and decided to shake things a bit, by coming to my comfy chair. Well, this week has been nice, though some bad news happened. Sometimes bad things happen in good times, and I'm not necessarily on a bad tiding! I can't wait to move places, for example! But anyway, as I said, bad things in good tidings, so today I'd like to say some words for my friend Ethan, or Ethanerinow as I'd love calling him, though he didn't approve of that too much. So, it goes like this:


Ethan is a great friend, I would say was, but he will still be a friend, no matter for how long we stay without chatting. I don't remember anymore how we first start talking, it's kind of a blur at the moment, but we did, and he offered me support in many key moments of my life, such as when the monster humiliated me in March of 2020, almost a year from now. We had some streams together, was a nice small era of my life, in which we'd play Uno (Ivan was there as well, my other friend), Don't Starve, at some point we tried playing Europa Universalis, in fact, he gifted me both of those games, so kind of him! He's strong, stronger than he realizes, he is down to earth, sober, neutral, distant. I told him I'll never forget him, and I hope I do not, though many of our good conversations are a blur at the moment. He introduced me to the show MushiShi, that I watched for a while and enjoyed it, a rare experience I had with Anime. Door Monster introduced me to him, even if he doesn't follow DM anymore, and even if I still do, and I love DM, I am not on their discord server anymore. He turns to a nice memory, it's a poetical way of putting it, though I hope we may chat some more in the future, even if it's a far one. Time moves forward. Anyway, it is what I wanted to say in this post, a farewell to Ethan, my online friend that I love, as he moves on in life. We won't stop being friends, but I don't know when I'll see him again. He didn't like my drawings, or my writing, and wasn't afraid of telling how bad I am, but well, anyway, I posted the drawing I made of him either way. Thank you, dear reader, for reading this, and I hope to see you again real soon.

Comments