Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which we pay Homage to the Christmas Fairy

Hello everyone, good morning, and I wish you the best. I feel sad for starting the month of April in such way, it is my fault, I should've written the post earlier, but anyway, something sad happened, the Mrs., friend of my grandma mother of my dad (and also my grandpa father of my mom), that used to make some cakes and used to help grandma decorate her house for Christmas, unfortunately passed away, I don't know the cause, but the fact is that she is not around anymore... Again, I didn't cry, but I can't find the words to describe how unmotivated I am to find out of those bad news. A person that came in the best time of the year and used to transform the house of grandma, unfortunately is gone. So I found only appropriate to call her The Christmas Fairy on the post, it's a nice way of paying homage. Anyway, there is little we can do, just keep the tradition of decorating our houses in that wonderful time of year going forward. And for Easter, Grandma decided to bring lambs to the house instead of bunnies, as she found that animal would represent Christ better.


I understand, even if I miss the colorful stuffed bunnies that would be around. Having the lamb is more appropriate though, I will have to agree with grandma, even if I'll go ahead and have bunnies anyway, I'm not the most religious person around. I offer my prayers and I do believe in God, but it still is something foreign to me. Anyway, overall I'm okay, and glad it is April, I'm glad the new apartment, the one that I'll live on in a bit, is coming together. Easter was fine, I felt a bit odd on my stomach, but nothing that would bring my day down. I didn't have Easter Eggs, unfortunately, but I had some chocolate still, and I love Chocolate! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to you guys, pay homage to the mrs. that brought so much joy to my life, and next post, that will come soon, hopefully this Wednesday (let's pray for it), I'll talk about April with more detail, just properly say hello to this nice month of hot and wet days, hopefully we can have some cooler ones as well, I can dream, can't I? Well, I appreciate you for reading this, and I wish you the best, as I said in the beginning, see you real soon.

Comments