Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

The Adventures of Mr. D'Onofrio and his Suitcase with 700 Socks! Chapter 11

 They kept on Walking, Mr. D’Onofrio and Ms. Forster, until the night came, Zach was aware that Adelaide needed some rest, and soon enough Adelaide brought that to the question.

“Zach, you said that before, you don’t need to rest and you have this lantern of yours. I won’t brought my thoughts on that to question, I, however, as most living beings, have my limits, and I need to rest, I’m a walker, but I can’t keep pace to you, we should camp.”

“Adelaide, I can help you with that, you see my suitcase?”

“I do, Zach, it’s quite impossible not to notice it! It’s a really bright color, I like it, it’s really pleasant to my eyes, but what about it?”

“It’s not a suitcase like any other! It is a very special one.”

“I know, you gained it from your grandfather, you keep your precious socks there, I heard all of this.”

“But, there’s a part I didn’t tell to those soldiers. Here, let me show you.”

Zach putted his suitcase on the floor and opened it. Having his special lantern with him, he illuminated the whole interior of it. Adelaide was in shock to see how huge that thing was on its inside.

“Zachary! This is gigantic… but… how this is possible? I don’t understand!”

“It’s a magical suitcase! How do you think I’d fit all those socks in? And there’s more to it, follow me, and watch your step!”

Speechless, Adelaide did just that, and they descended deeply on the world of the suitcase, filled with shelves that had so many socks in each one of them. She saw the oil painting that a fan did of Zach, and she saw the gifts the fan gave him besides the money and the socks.

“My fans are kind and so generous; I consider them my friends, though the only way we can properly communicate is through my craft. It’s beautiful, that they see value in the only thing I have to offer. That’s the way I can live my life, they give me socks and money, and sometimes something else, like an oil painting for example. I give them my music.”

“Well, I can see they’re really generous indeed, this is wonderful, Zach.”

They reached the bottom of the suitcase. Everything was clean, and in order.

“Here, Adelaide” said Zach pointing at a bed on the corner “you can sleep here. And tomorrow morning at the proper time, I’ll come to wake you up, so we can properly continue our journey.”

“Zach, I consider what you told me, but aren’t you going to sleep as well? Not even a little?”

“I feel better awake, Adelaide, I hardly sleep. I can’t properly remember the last time I did that. I have a destination to reach and socks to collect, I don’t want to stop.”

“So… what are we going to do? And I don’t want to bother you, since I’m here to help, but I’ll soon need food Zach, I assume you don’t eat much as well”

“I do not, only when I absolutely have to or on social occasions.”

“Well, I do need to eat…”

“I’ll bring you food by the morning, Adelaide, do not distress. We’ll figure something up. How are you, right now?”

“I am fine. Not that much hungry, just tired. Zach, what are you going to do while I’m sleeping?”

“I need to ask something of you. Give me the directions to this other lake, I want to keep on traveling on the night, maybe I can reach there by the morning when I’ll come to wake you up!”

“Zach, you might get lost, I don’t know if that is such a good idea! These woods may be calm, but they’re thick and endless, if you get lost, you might never reach your destination, and you might stumble upon some other hostile city or some savage creature!”

“I promise you, I can do it Adelaide. You’ve been a wonderful guide so far and I appreciate your help more than my words can express, but I can do this part of the trip, if you give me the proper directions.”

“Zach… Fine, just keep on going on this direction we’re in. Stay next to the walls but not too much, the sentinels can be a bother. Be careful, but if you keep on going towards the right, we’ll be on the right path. I don’t think you’ll reach the lake just yet, but if you keep on going, like you want to, you’ll be at least nearer your destination. If you don’t want to sleep, just be careful. Remember, keep on walking on this path.”

“Thank you, Adelaide. Have a good rest. I’ll see you by the morning”.

Adelaide sat in the bed and watched Zach going upstairs and closing the suitcase. The place was dark, but there were lamps inside of it, so Adelaide lightened up some, and went to sleep, as Zach was carrying her in the suitcase and walking towards his destination. She didn’t feel any bumps or any attrition by the fact he was moving. She went to sleep, and Zach kept walking.


Comments