Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

The Adventures of Mr. D'Onofrio and his Suitcase with 700 Socks! Chapter 2

The suitcase that his grandpa gave him was as special as the socks that were in it. It seemed just funny looking outside, with its very bright yellow-lemon color, but it was so much more than that, it was a magical suitcase, it was huge inside, with space for so many things, and still its weight was light. The suitcase also had a lot of space to spare for Zach itself, and he was slowly building his world in the suitcase, it was the favorite place of Zach. 

His grandpa told him about the special features of the suitcase, and he’d play in it, visit the places inside, and see the beautiful socks inside of it from time to time, but this object and its “powers” only became important in his life when he started to collect socks. As he traveled and his collection got bigger and bigger, he started to spend more and more time into it, slowly organizing the socks, feeling the spirit of his grandpa in them. He also started to put gifts into it, like an oil canvas one of his first fans did of him, and so on. He putted a bed there and more and more furniture, and still the place was huge. His grandpa never told him why the suitcase was that way, he never knew the story behind it, Zach was well aware of that, and the mystery of it would haunt his nightmares at night. No one of his family besides his grandpa knew better of the suitcase, and the secrets of it died with him at the sea.

Of course, Zach never spent too much time in the suitcase, he would always look for places to sleep and stay at his journey, though his suitcase was his favorite place ever. This when he would look for places to sleep. Zach would walk long journeys without sleeping. When he was determined to reach a place filled with socks, nothing could stop him. Sometimes he spent hours and hours without eating or drinking water, but Zach was resilient, the death of his grandpa made him resistant, nothing could hurt him anymore, it’s like he suffered for his lifetime when his grandparents died and his cousin went missing, so he couldn’t suffer anymore. Of course, that wasn’t true, but Zach liked to think that way, so he could use that to ignore any pain inside of him.

With his special suitcase, singing for his supper and passion, Zach was on a journey to a very special place, the magical city of socks, as one person told him once on the last time he went to his hometown.


Comments