Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which we have a World Building Story: The Proper Gated Community

Hello and good Morning my friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? How are things going? I'm here today to bring you all a small descriptive story on the gated community that I usually write about. It's a small one, and hopefully it will be nice! Not much pressure, just having fun, many good things come from having fun, I believe! Also, I'd like to ask how are you? How are things? How is the weather? As for me, I'm okay, overall, today, just waking up, and I'll have a test soon, bleh, not ideal, but everything has a good touch to it when it comes in this season! Anyway, I am excited to share the short tale, so let's jump to it!

The Houses of this gated community were tall and proud, surrounded by solid walls, it was a place built in firm ground. Many styles you could find there, reflecting on its owner's taste. You would have a neogothic one, with those pointy roofs and details in wood, painted and crafted carefully. Not many modern style to be seen though, at max something on the Prairie tyle, also having wood details, but its roofs very subtle. Even those in prairie, you'd have a bit of Tiffany Co. spirit in it, on the big stained glass windows, that nonetheless could open to receive the wind. It was the season of Christmas, time of December, where the snow would fall strong and the wind would be cold and in a hurry. But the homes were advanced, having central heat, and the modern coal furnaces, located in a proper distance from there, burnt night and day, efficiently, safely and reliably, offering electricity to that place. Even if the windows could open, with that cold, they were shut, sheltering the decoration for Christmas very well. That wonderful proper pinetree in the corner of the living room, covered in stuffed animals and snowmen. Flowers made of silk and fruits made of resin. All properly decorating that proud standing Christmas Tree.

Too early to have many in the promenades, paved in beautiful stone, of the community, that had many arcs and beautiful plants, all covered in frost. The lamps of the streets were still illuminating the path, though the morning was already being announced. There, too, you could find garlands and decoration, also frosted by that winter. A very proper place, many stories were told, and will be told about it. A very proper place. In springtime the trees had many yellow flowers, that would fill everywhere with its wonderful petals. There was a town for commerce around as well, and even if business could be made in those homes, that place was a place mostly of living, not for working. It could be spent many moments writing, describing the wonderful houses, the laws of that place, the laws of private property, and the other requirement to habitate such place, alongside the fees and so on: Be Proper. But time will come for those many more words, as of now, this introduction seems to be enough to paint a nice image of the village.

So this is my small Christmas story for today, just a short world building one. Time will tell if I'll manage to write more on this place, that has appeared in the past in some of my tales, and I hope it may appear again. I'm very glad for the Holiday Season to be reaching its apex, though I'm also sad, with it, it'll come to an end eventually. But well, when it comes, it shall return, and I shall wait for it eagerly, though I also should rejoice in each and every day! I also am confident this won't be my last post of 2021, we still have plenty of days to go, and hopefully those will be nice as well! But for now, I bid farewell, and I wish you the very best.

Comments