Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In Which we say Hello to May! My blog is 3 years and 326 days old!

Hello to you, my friend, reader of this post, thank you for being here once again, and good morning! It should be a happy day, even with the badness of my current college situation, not only because I woke up, as always, with that morning energy, the creative juices, but also because my blog is, like I said at the title, we are 39 days away from its 4 years of existence! It's pretty cool, isn't it? Been writing for so many months now, so many moments, happy and sad. It saw many people come and go of my life. And also saw those who are not gone, but absent. I switched colleges and courses many times, switched computers and phones, got into new games, got out of some others... Such is life. Anyway, how are you? How are things? I'm okay today, glad it is Sunday, even if it's the last day of the current weekend, it's a very chill one. How is the weather? This May promises to officially open up the gates of Winter for me to enjoy those rainy windy days! Wonderful. No matter what happen, I'll perhaps even be able to dress up a little more! I am looking forward to it. Got bills to pay, stuff to organize, I'm so glad my bedroom has a new desk, because now I can also work on drawings from home, can use the computer more comfortably, have more space for everything I wish to do! And it helps to keep the creative stream flowing. I think I should perhaps return with some stuff on the blog, such as drawing of the week... Music of the week, I really don't know, that part is harder.... But well, I could do picture of the week, drawing of the week, just throwing some ideas in the digital paper. What are your plans for May? What are the things you are looking forward to? Hope you can solve your pending problems, so the new ones that may come won't overwhelm you, one step at a time. I think crisis are very painful but they open up space for other stuff. I think that's a good way of viewing it, that's the Austrian Economics Approach. I think Ludwig von Mises would agree with that, not only him, but Schumpeter called the free market, the so called "Capitalism" - a term that I think is innacurate and don't suit me well, I mean, it was forged by the opposers of Lassez Faire, a more correct description of it, I mean, it literally means "let it flow", which would be translated as "let the producers free to produce! Let people be free to buy and sell as they please - a force of creative destruction, which means, the process of constantly transforming unproductive things into productive ones, bad companies go bankrupt and open up space for new firms, corporations go up, they also go down, people rise, people fall, this go on and on, and ideally should not be met with state interference.

Of course, the creative destruction process is not the only aspect of lassez Faire, Some would prefer the term Creative construction. Anyway, this post is getting quite long! I like to keep things short and sweet, because I myself can only read as much in one day, specially at a blog post, where things should be to the point. Hope I can see you around for the may posts, as the blog will keep going, somehow! Again, wish you the best, see you again real soon!!!!!!!!!!

Comments