Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I have a new mission on Europa Universalis 4

I wish you a good morning, and the best, dear reader of this post, my friend! How are you today? How is the weather? Here, it rains, and the temperature keeps going down, which is lovely, isn’t it? I am very fond of wintery season! I am aware that in the “heart of the tropics” the weather changes very little, but well… I have been enjoying the “cold” so much I haven’t even put on a sweater, much, because I want to feel the wind in my arms. And as of my mood, I am okay. I hope today may be alright. I still miss dear friend terribly, but just knowing we are friends is enough, really. College this module was a huge disaster, but I suppose it couldn’t be different. Sometimes I wonder time and time again, what am I doing here? This is probably a symptom of the fact my previous life plans came to no avail, enthusiasm is gone and so is perspective. Routine can crush your path. It worries me deeply due to the fact I want to provide for myself someday. But well… anyway. I played some Europa this morning, it went almost alright, but the worthy Ottomans, the biggest foe of any Europa game, came at me very harshly, making me falter. Back to 1444 go I… such is life. Could be worse. And I can’t picture how it could’ve been better under that circumstances, so yes. I returned to a very positive medication I’ve been using, that helps me keep my appetite in check, and also makes me more motivated to do things. Overall, I don’t like being tied to mood controllers or any medical substance, but it is what it is. Hopefully I will keep on managing. I take three mind meds in total, two in the morning, one in the evening. When I feel sleepless, I take a sleeping pill. I hate feeling constrained by my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, feels like I’m making excuses not to do unpleasant things that I may have to do. Or so I feel others will judge me. I should not be my number one enemy, as I tend to be, that is unbearable. Apart from the games, I worked on some drawings yesterday, and I plan on doing some more today!! Hopefully, with the help of the motivation medicine, i will have more chances of carrying this pleasant activity through! I may play some more games soon, also. I would like not to play Europa anymore today, but well, when you have a mission in your head, hard to deviate from that, that is for sure! Do you remember when I was so fully into restoring the Byzantine glory, almost two years ago? It was a painful process, but I carried it to completion after all! It is a magical game, EU4, I actually feel like I’m learning things, doing things, it is a major brain stimulant! I know I complain and even go away from the game from time to time, which is expected, I am not tied to it, but I still think it is one of the best pieces of entertainment I managed to find! Can I say it is a masterpiece? I don’t know, It does feel like that, though, when I am into the mood to explore its world! What else is there to be said?


May all the hugs be on your way this new week!
I do have something more to mention today! I finished reworking on an old college work, about the Rococo era! It was such a nice experience to go through it again, after 6 years or so of its completion! If I have something more to say on this topic, I’ll gladly write about it here on our beloved divagation store! For today, though, I believe this is enough of words, don’t desire to tire you over my talks. When will I be back? Hopefully at some point this week, hopefully before the weekend. But for today, time to wrap the post up! Thank you ever so much for being here, dear reader of this post, my friend! See you again real soon!!! Cheers!

Comments