Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In Which I hope to escape the week of mental trouble

I wasn't able to sleep for two nights straight, and to avoid not being able to sleep a third night, I decided to take a medicine to relax the muscle tissues, so that would make me sleepy. Fortunately it worked, well... way more than I would like, even, as through the morning I could barely open my eyes. I didn't want to sleep anymore for the day, though, so I just stood there in bed, trying to keep myself awake... Hopefully today I won't need any sleeping pill for the evening. I pray that today may be lesser bad than yesterday was. At least, hope I can draw something nice, maybe... Though I won't necessarily hold my breath. We'll see the final balance as the day go. I think I mentioned past week was just terrible for me, I was in an awful mental position, feeling sad, frustrated and desolate, in need of a friend. I pray that this new week may be lesser bad, will try to at least get some games going and not to think much of college for the day being, though I should return to the activities at some point...
This week my blog will be five years old, how crazy is that? I wonder how to celebrate such an occasion... I was thinking about reworking on an old story I wrote here, I read some drafts of it here on the blog, I am not too satisfied with it anymore, which is not necessarily a big surprise, I wrote that one when I was 5 years younger. Crazy how things go... likely I'll reach post number 650 at some point in the next few months. But, in reality, I don't know how to celebrate the event, if any celebration at all, as I've been so down, these days... very little to look up to. Not even paying much attention to corn season, either. I used to say that to my friends more often... Me and grandma are sorta done with fireworks and fireplaces. We'll see... this month is looking like another one of grieving and longing. Hopefully not, but anyway...


The Baltic Mug makes an appearance once again, cheers...
I made myself some more coffee just now, I like coffee, tastes good if you put enough sugar on it. Some people drink it black, I am not one of them. Can't stand the pure taste, too bitter. I haven't been promoting the blog much on twitter these days... my posts are a bit sad, at the moment, and in fact I'd start being sad as well on this one. I mean, it is the least we can do... I appreciate you, dear reader, thank you, my friend, for sticking around. You are the best! I hope to see you real soon for some more words...

Comments