Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In Which we have the time of limbo on videogames and books

Good morning to you, my excellent friend, dear reader of this post, and I wish you a happy Saturday! I have been meaning to write on the blog on an earlier day than this one, but alas, I got sidetracked... And it is not that I was going to force it, I just have been on a rare writing mood the past few weeks. I ought to make good use of it, if I can! I have been writing more often through my phone, it is true, but today I'm at the writing machine, the laptop. How are you today? How is the weather? Here we have rain, glorious rain. The days have been shorter and fresher, thank Goodness for that. You know by this point I love winter. And as for me, I got ill yesterday, it was a major bother. I threw up, had much stomach issues, had a fever, and was very indisposed. Fortunately, I got the care I needed, and now I am much better, to the point I can wake up early and drink coffee once more. I also had cake, but the cake tasted bad, alas...

What can we chat about, today? The last time I was in the mood to write, I wanted to write about the golden era of the harp in France, which was during the realm of my beloved queen Marie Antoinette. I love to write about it, though I already did a post on it on the instagram of the blog, that made a comeback, as a place for me to write even further... Speaking of social media, I had to delete the social media gadget from the blog, because I realized the icons were not working... also, apparently Patreon is doing a rebrand, I don't know what to think about it... Should I end my patreon blog for drawings? It did sound like a good idea back in September of 2022 to have a place to chat about my drawings besides this blog. But now Patreon wants to rebrand and I really don't know what to think about it. I feel bad for deleting the social media gadget from the blog, but the links were not working, neither I knew the reason why they were not, so... yes.



How about games? What have I been playing? I believe I mentioned, before, that I am taking a break from Europa Universalis 4, and its endless sea of frustration. As with books, I am sort of in a videogame limbo. I have been playing some Victoria 3, here, which is a less frustrating game, than EU4, though its performance is awful late-game, as in the fact it lags too much. I have been playing Anno 1800, quite a fun time... Sometimes I play the dollhouse, just for the sake of it... I wonder if I should get into Stellaris? I don't think so... the creatures of that game are really ugly, and that turns me away from it... I want to try Espresso Tycoon out, as I got the game once again... I must admit, I was not that inspired to write today, but I wanted to write something, and it is always good to do a post where I just chat with my friends, here, instead of doing monologues about some topic. Those I really like on doing, but I like to take a break and tell peeps where I am at the moment.

I trust this is a good moment to wrap this post up, glad to have written it! Another success! Thank you ever so much for being here! When should I be back? Hopefully around the new week? Between the 10th and the 16th, maybe two posts, more or less? Could be a nice idea... until then, see you again real soon, and wish you a joyful life with many beautiful moments.

Comments