Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which we say Hello to August: 5th attempt to write the post is the charm!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post. Ah, welcome to another entry on the divagation store. It has been extremely hard to write this post. Always something gets in the way, which is never ideal. Let it be sadness and lamentation, let it be lack of subjects to write about… it never really is worthy of publication. Today, I am to do another try. We should see how it goes. How are you, this Friday? How was the first week of August for you? As with me, it went reasonably okay, though with many moments of sorrow. I missed the dearest of friends very much so, more than what I already miss him… anyway. My birthday is to come next week, that is rather nice, is it not? I hope the one of this year may be better than the one of 2022, that was not that memorable. For the day or week, I just hope I can maybe receive some money, so I can pay off whatever I have to pay. I did go to the paperclip store the other day. We have a reasonably good one next to here. I, in fact, may have to return there to get more paperclip things I couldn’t the past time I went there. Either way, that costs money, and money I shall hope to pay, once I get the birthday gift. I hope, on the realm of friendship, to chat with the dearest of friends, maybe for an hour… if possible, more than that. It would bring me much joy, if it could happen. Maybe I will chat with another dear friend as well, if possible. I did not think of much to do for the celebration, because I’ve been too sunk under my woes. But if I can, I want pizza. Departing a bit from the birthday realm, and going into the realm of videogames, I played some Anno 1404 just now! I was meddling with returning to it for some days, and now I finally hit the play button. Such a remarkable game, I love how the passive trade works in it. I can just print money by selling carpets and also leather jerkins. Very satisfying. I wonder sometimes which one is best: 1800 or 1404? It is not that obvious to say one is better than the other. I personally love those two, for different reasons. I wish 1800 had a better passive trade, as Anno 1404 had. Like, you could just set your market to sell the carpets you’d produce, and the trading ship would come and buy it. Passive trade is not nearly as much of a feature in the 1800 entry. A shame, to say the least.


One of my first drawings of August is a portrait of emperor Commodus, the unbalanced. May many more follow this one, 
as drawing always brings me joy.
Classes have returned, the subjects look good, and I should take a better look at them, though I already miss a class. On my defense: that class was at 8PM, and it was just so the students could meet their new administrative team, such as tutors and coordinators… I wish I didn’t have lost it, but it is what it is.
This is a good way to begin August, I say, apart from the many woes caused by med withdrawal, and sorrow for longing for conversation with some dear friends. I do apologize for taking so long to write this entry. It could’ve come way earlier, but I could not have put one together. I pray that this month may have many posts, good to read and to write, but if the rest of it is anything like its first days… maybe I will have to settle for less posts. Thank you, dear reader, for being here. I wish you the best. May your coffee never run cold, and it may have the right amount of sugar in it. When will I be back? Hopefully at some point next week, before my birthday. Until then, cheers, and see you real soon.

Comments