Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which we talk about the fact time stand still in the tropical area

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Sunday! How are you? Can you believe we are already on the fourth half of September, walking towards the month of October? That is unexpected, the year seems to be going faster, now. I suppose it is always like that, it starts slow and accelerates as we approach my favorite time, Christmas time! I always lament a bit for not having fall with the changing leaves, and not having either Halloween not Thanksgiving, nor any holiday worth mentioning before Christmas. In fact, here, we don’t have much of a change of season at all, time stand still. It is either summer or summer. The weather varies little. The little variation has some impact, but overall, nothing to compare to the old world. Is it depressing? It is hard for one to believe, because sun and warmth are associated with joy. But I believe the lack of seasoning is quite depressing, and makes me envy my friends of the north. The only thing I can do, for now, is to observe distantly and sadly, and change the wallpaper of my computer and also of my phone. Maybe some drawings to associate with the season before the glorious Christmas time. One good thing are the end-year vacations, that bring forth good memories, and also the general atmosphere of ending the year, knowing one has survived and it is ready for the gifts. Sad are those who don’t observe Christmas, or any holiday, I believe. How to properly mark time? How to make life interesting? What else can someone look forward to? I saw one meme at some point where one person says “growing up is losing enthusiasm on everything”, and the other person says “no, that’s depression”. Brilliant. That is the result of nihilism, the end of it is depression, lack of enthusiasm, cynicism and even despair, culminating sometimes in huge tragedies, may they be homicide or suicide. I believe I watched Jordan Peterson talking about this on an interview. On that, he is correct. If you don’t trust you are in a good functioning free market society where you help others and are helped, with smiles and good rewards as a result, it is the law of the jungle in substitution, and that is hell. I sometimes think about this. As the world seems to be going on a terrible path of socialism and collectivism, very bad behavior is incentivized as result, such as the “doing as little effort as possible in work” because “nothing really matters and I hate to be around others”. Something went terribly wrong in the 20th century, not materially, but morally. I blame modernism as a whole. The materialistic mentality. By that I mean thinking we are only matter and we die permanently when we die… I am not religious, of course, nor overtly faithful, nor do I subscribe to some christian principles, that a friend talks about. Maybe he is just equivocated, I tend to think that. Well, anyway…


And how are you, today? I am… okay, I’d say. Feeling like playing the Dollhouse even if I know it is a shallow experience. I don’t know… I ought to search and brainstorm ways of making the game less…. Boring? When people complain about the shallowness of Sims 4, I often wander: is The Sims 3 boring as well? Because I get bored with the Sims 3, also, alas. Anyway… apart from that, I ought to draw something. I wonder what, exactly. Maybe will do some scanning as well. And maybe will play also some more Vic3. We’ll see, hopefully today will be okay, overall… it is all we can hope for. I trust this is a good point to end the post? I did write a lot, haven’t I? When should I return? I hope really soon, around next week. So no worries, we’ll meet again soon enough! Thank you for being here, I wish you the best!!

Comments