Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In Which I journal a bit further! Life stuff and writing for amusement and work

Good evening/morning, my friend, reader of this post, and happy Sunday! How are you, today? How was Saturday? As for me, I am okay, though slightly concerned with my sleep pattern... I woke up too soon today, and have done so in a while this year, now. Maybe I should get a sleeping pill more regularly, as I clearly have a problem of pattern. I hope it can be arranged. Not right now, but this Sunday evening, definitely. Still on my health, I am so done being fat, I hate it, I feel terrible, all the time, I feel heavy, and I wish I could lose weight. I have been indeed moving towards the surgery to reduce my stomach. It has been hard to conceive losing weight otherwise. It is frustrating. 

Well, on a more positive note: I found an application for Safari, that enables me to write on Blogger on dark mode! This is a dream come true! It is called Dark Reader. It seems pretty nice so far, and in depth, even! My eyes say "thank you ever so much", as they should. 


Christmas decorations are coming through splendidly at my grandma's, much to my happiness! I love Christmas, as you know, and I already took many pictures of the decorations of the season! And more to come! It has been a positive season so far, apart from issues that we all have, and I hope it may keep on being a good to remember season. May it be better than the one of 2022, when I was without a tooth...

Concerning videogames, I played some Age of Empires 3 this morning, and got absolutely obliterated by the Hard AI. My allies were useless, and got overwhelmed by the Swedes and the Ottomans. There is a huge gap between levels in that game. When I return to my work desk, I wonder what I will do, as I also have other preoccupations to attend to, but I also want to play this and other games. This morning, I have been thinking specially of Anno 1800 and Victoria 3, in addition to Age of Empires 3. Speaking of games, I talked about good old Empire Earth 2 yesterday with my friend Charles! On retrospect, one of the most amazing of the RTS genre, one that I go as far as saying I should revisit, even if it's old and battered...

I have some drawings I should work on. I keep on making some plans and never following them, when it comes to doodling. I also have the work I'm doing for the architecture office to do. I want to do some more research and write about it. There is still a lot to be done, though I think I did a good job also the last time I researched about this. Writing is enjoyable, I like this work I'm doing. I get sidetracked, but so far so good. 

This has been just a small journal sort of post, and another one I write on my phone, I really grew used to it, it is easier to edit a post on the computer, and easier to grasp the size of it, but in either case... I like journaling, I like stories, I like writing about some other things as well, this is quite a variety blog! I trust we are in a good point to wrap today's post up? Of course, I shall be back soon, so no worries! It will soon be the 30th of November, and as such, time for a month wrap up! One step at a time! Anyway, thank you for being here at the divagation store! And I see you again real soon! Like I usually say, wish you the best!

Comments