Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which dear friend Charles reads the Parnassian Poem, and some plans for the carefree days of Christmas Time

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Sunday, I wish you the best! How are you, today? As for me, it took me a while to wake up, once again, which is always a bother. But, apart from the fatigue of the dusk time, I am okay! Charles yesterday read a Parnassian Poem, by my suggestion. As he described me what type of characteristics he enjoyed on a poem, I suggested him this forgotten school of poetry. He so did look for one and read it out loud for us on the stream, a poem so beautiful, it still gives me chills.



Christmas Reindeer on a greek background! Took this picture yesterday...
Played some bit of Anno 1800, and I have been desiring, for a while now, to finally fire up Empire Earth II! I had a post about this some days ago, talking about how the game is ambitious, and what is even more incredible: it delivers, overall. I don't know if the nostalgia just came through, I don't know if it's seeing my friend playing Age of Empires 4, that brought back my interest... I say this, because not only we have made our criticisms on AOE4, but we sort of agreed that the game looks like Empire Earth 2. My friend also tends to prefer, as I do, Age of Empires 3, which is very underrated. I guess, if possible, this is the plan for today, just play some games...
Apart from games, and writing, as I am doing right now, I could start a new book. I was reading about the nation of Prussia before, but the book did not please me. I was frustrated with the bias of the author. That undermined my trust in his work, and I decided to stop the book. Now, back to the drawing board, as frustrating and disruptive as it is, to stop the process and begin a new one. May take a while before I can be invested in another read, specially with the other things in my mind, concerning my leisure time. 
As I decided to end my participation on the admin course, I have again plenty of carefree days, until my new course begins, in February of 2024. There are still things to do, such as telling my parents about it. Mom knows I am not in admin anymore, but dad does not. I pray and hope he may be comprehensible of the situation.
Concerning the work I have been discussing with the architecture team, tomorrow will be an important day on this. They will have done much progress in their other work, and so, will have more time to focus on our project. I do hope things may go as we'd like them to, as I need the money, and the opportunity seems very good. For this present hour, Sunday, not much for me to do. By next week, starting on Monday-Tuesday, that may change. Here is my relative enthusiasm for the job, that I hipe may not fade.
With all of this being said, it is, after all, another day of Christmas, and I personally am happy to be on yet another season. As my personal tradition goes, I will spend the 24th and the 25th with grandmother, even if I am lesser forgiving on her for being so obnoxious and mean at times. Still, I have found out it is better to spend the season there, than at my own home. When it comes to family, things are hardly paradise. 
I am grateful to have reached this point of 2023 with my friendship with dear Johannes, and dear Charles, still ongoing. I should write them a great Christmas message, or at least say some more kind words. We ought to let the people we appreciate, how much we do. So, overall, this is a post of Thanksgiving, so important for the season. 
Ah... I always worry the posts are too big and exhausting to be read, so I should wrap things here, before something else comes into mind, that I will mention. I hope to return soon, with more words on my life, thoughts, ideas, some pictures of Christmas decorations... by Soon, I mean, around... this Tuesday? Most likely. Until then... see you again real soon, and again, wish you the best, happy Sunday!

Comments