Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In Which I beg God for some hours of relief

I can only say to you, my dear friend, and kind reader of this post, happy October! And of course, a good morning, and the best the day can offer. As for me... I feel sad to say it, but to express that the past few weeks have been truly terrifyingly bad, bad in a way I haven't seen since 2014, would be understating the agony I have been through, mentally. As an example, Saturday, Sunday and yesterday, which was a Monday, I could not eat. I was repulsed by food. It is a special kind of manic depression, the one I am facing at the moment. I can only beg to God in his mercy to save me, and humbly request to His kindness to concede my life, my joy of living, back. This I do washed in endless tears, because I am terrified of another month of this. I don't want it, I don't want this, I want my life back, or whatever joy I had. I want to play the games I did again, feeling joy in them. I want to have at least a bit of strenght to try new games, even. I want to draw again, I want to not feel like I am smashed by a million tons of lamentation all the time. I can't take this. I am yelling at the top of my lungs: please, God, give me the ability to feel happiness again. I am scared like I have not been in years, of having another second of this burning ennui. I don't want it. I cannot fathom another month of such terrible burning chronic boredom, numbness, inability to feel like I should exist in the first place. I am crying for help, and even so, I am scared of being this vulnerable, people can offer their help and make ir so much worse as result. This could be chemical imbalance, I am out of my meds for the most of September, because of logistic issues. I pray that it is. I hope it is not heavenly punishment for something I did wrong. I hope it is not arbitrary melancholy that no matter what I do, it won't go away. Let it be chemical imbalance, easier to solve, than a massive and huge crisis of meaning that will consume me. I am crippled, I can't do things. I don't feel capable of moving. I can only beg for an enduring October, one day at a time. That is all. Please, dear reader, my good friend, my dear good friend that I so adore and want you by my side, forgive me for not being able to write much this month of September. I just could not, and I felt absolutely smashed for not being able to write... I want my life back. I want to be happy, or at least not as miserable, anymore, ever again. Ever. Again. Ever again, God spare me from this, I can't survive this.... Ah... just give me relief. Relief, cold water, a bit of... something good. Is this too much to ask? I just want some days of rest. Of recovery. This is what I want for October. And if He does not give it to me, I won't speak ill of Him, I won't stop believing. I won't forsake Christmas, I love Christmas. I love the season. It will just be so hard for longer if I am not offered just some hours of happiness... If He decides not to offer relief, it is okay, but God, if you do, you may as well have truly saved me. Thank you either way...

Comments