Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I make plans for the Christmas Day and consider an afternoon at the beach?

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post! Happy Friday! How are you today, now that we are so close to the very height of the christmas season of 2024? As for me, I am pretty okay, yesterday I went with mom to the mall to purchase some new clothes, and I liked it a lot. It was as fun as I remember, and I have not been out to the mall in almost a whole year. It was also at the right time, because of the beautiful christmas decoration! And indeed, this year they did a very good job and were quite creative! I took plenty of pictures, and I could not be happier on doing this! A tradition of mine to go taking pictures of everything christmas related, as to register the wonderful time. 

Speaking of which, I am loosely with a plan on going to the house of grandma for the christmas, or at least for a visit, I am not sure if I'd like to stay for more than a day because I get homesick. One thing is grandma living relatively nearby, other entirely different is living in a neighborhood 30 minutes away, add 1 hour to it if there is excessive car traffic. I do have the tradition to spend at least a day with her on the season, there is that. Also, gives me opportunity to take more pictures of christmas decoration! We will see how it goes...

After a hectic but enjoyable Thursday, today I am just resting... mom invited me to go to the beach with my aunt and cousin at the afternoon. I am considering if I should go with them! In one hand, I haven't been to the beach in a while, and not with mom and aunt... on other, I do like to be by myself at the house, for some reason I am still to decipher. We shall see. I miss building sandcastles, if the opportunity arises I could do some. Again, we will see how it goes. 

Took this picture yesterday at the mall, so beautiful was the decoration there!



In any case, I do love December, beautiful month of Christmas, even if it's celebrated in summer where I live, alas. I love it because it is so carefree, a time for vacation and relief, really. It has been such a hard year on me, with the surgery, and I am happy to rest and take the good things that come my way as I can. As we approach the end of another blog entry, I wonder how many more I will write in 2024! I am not sure if I will do a retrospective, because the first half of the year was particularly harsh and also a blur in my mind. I can only perhaps wrap up December when it's time, and open the double doors of the horizon to January, soon afterwards! One thing remains as the same as it was the beginning of this year, and the beginning of every year since 2018: I do hope I don't bring the blog to an end. I like to write, it is enjoyable and I deem it as a healthy and productive habit. Again, I should proceed dividing the time in small pieces as I can, as to not feel like I need to turn this into the project of my life, as if I had the energy for such thing. What else is there to be said? Time to wrap today's entry! Of course, do not distress, I should return soon, I hope I do a blog on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, even if I won't force it. Sometimes we can rest a bit more as well, I don't see a problem on this basis. Crazy it is the last week of 2024, basically! Well, I wish you the best, as always, and I hope you may keep on having a beautiful season!


Comments