In Which one can still feel the cold steel of the Dell brand laptop...
Good evening, kind friend, dear reader of this present post! How are you? I hope you have been well? Of course, do let me know! And how is the weather? Much to my relief, where I am at, it is still partially winter, it has been hard to say when winter will end and I would be certain it is spring. It did not rain as much in this season, alas, and I adore the rain.
I did not have the most productive of days yesterday, the last Saturday of September 2026. In fact, I was exhausted, I slept through most of it. And, what else to do? I could not bring myself on doing anything. No desire to engage in any game, no mindspace for drawing, and I could not write either. I just slept. A dear friend mentioned perhaps I needed the extra sleep, so it is what it is.
I was thinking of a song, which is the one part of the piece of Pelleas et Melisande, this time done by my favorite composer, Gabriel Faure. The Sicilienne part, probably one of my favorite pieces of music ever. Fun how it works, when I listen to it, I cannot help but to feel I am touching my grandfather's laprop, the steel of his device of Dell brand, back when that one had more of a name to it. As I do, it is almost time for lunch, and it is April. I can name the intensity of the light outside, that strong Sun that does not want to become Autumn. I can name what I will have for lunch, quite a salty treat, a piece of instant noodles that have their flavor in them. Beef, some mashed potatoes and rice on the side. The dish is a kid's indulgent joy for the day, and the sodium does nor bother, and in fact, one could care less over the unhealthy combination, because it tastes so good, tastes like carefree moments. I can name how it feels in my grandfather's office, with the soft beiges of a room recently overhauled, expanded.
Is it not amusing? Such scenario would happen almost 20 years ago, but I feel closer to those days more than to some day in April 2022. Civ 5 was my obsession in 2012, I remember playing as France, and the game had no dlc in it, not yet. It eould come only next year, when I would ger Gods and Kings, and eventually Brave New World. Next season, though, as much as the expansions gave huge revival to an otherwise slowly fading interest, it was not nearly as happy. I can only blame the orange fruits on the map, up from above, small light yellow pixels on the screen. I would indulge in building the New Swan Lake Castle (I can't write the proper name in German, it's a tongue twister), and I remember the CN tower as well, with its quote by Douglas Adams "nothing travels faster than the speed of light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws".
Saturday was not productive, I can only hope Sunday gets better. I don't know if I will draw, even if I have a vague notion in mind. Frustrating most days I only have energy for a single piece, because I have more than 3 or 5 ideas in mind. I can get exhausted and fatigued fast. I hope I can overcome ir at some point. Same with writing, it would help a great deal thinking of my book project if I could do more than one piece a day. Just tired of exhaustion. Not sure if it can be helped, it has been a turbulent September.
So, with my sensorial memories of the past days registered, should I wrap things up for the moment? Now, as usual, do not feel distressed if at all, I should return real soon, around this new week, hopefully before next weekend. I may write a word or two on the very nice Halloween season, though I am more in christmas thene already. We should see, until then, thank you so much! If anything, I should write on the side blog as well, maybe an original piece, perhaps a writing piece from this other publication that I want to revive. Until then, never forget you are a blessing in the world, and I wish you the best! Happy Sunday snd farewell!

Comments
Post a Comment