Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area.

The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It was tiresome to hear such noise, but I just hope I can move towards my graduation in college.

It was a month of turbulence when it comes to my humor, I had bad moments, some feel a bit of a fog to remember right now. I have written fewer posts than I would like, but to be fair, I am swinging between here and Substack. Besides the horrendous incident of me almost losing my work on blogger, I still have no ill will towards the platform. That said, I also grew to like Substack. As it turns out, a good app is very inportant in navigating and writing! The layout counts! In any case, they may have been fewer, but still I am relatively happy with what I discussed, so far, as I may change my mind. Writing on the movies Rushmore and Marie Antoinette there, and here doing a reflection on the 25 years since the attack on the World Trade Center complex in New York, as well as the destruction of the Banyan Buddhas in Afghanistan.



Such rememberance felt heavy this year, because even after two decades, the echoes of the Twin Towers still leave a gap in more than a thousand, at times literally. They were unapologetically beautiful, albeit in a modernist way, it sort of forces me to take nuance in the avenues of the 20th century trends in the arts and crafts. Those were not cold "prussian temples" of the International Style, neither the aggressive mysanthropy of Brutalism. No, the World Trade Center had texture, warmth, and it captivated more than one generation. They were in fact, I would say, quasi-expressionistic, and had indeed the best of modernity. As I wrote, such loss felt heavier this year, as we have not done anything as iconic and proud concerning such style of architecture since. 

I did not draw much, either, though I am happy that I could do the christmas card on schedule to open the beautiful season. I wish I could have done more, we will see how my mood will lean in October. Overall, just a month of me playing, almost rediscovering Age of Empires 3. I say almost because I never lost any love towards the game, but I did have a significant revival thanks to their new rather good expansion. I wonder if they will do more for October, we can only hope!

With this retrospective over September all said, I should move towards wrapping up today's post! Soon, I will have the one to open October, and we will enter the Halloween month! It is one that will start in chaos, given the climax of the brazilian general election will occur, and as such, anxiety will be immense, as the country is in a horrible shape overall. I am sure I am not the only one praying that the far left may be defeated, and a more sensible center-right government may won the ballout, as to start the huge and monumental task of getting Brazil out of such catastrophic position. We need a shock treatment when it comes to the free market, a radical and unapologetic deregulation of the economy, a shock therapy in school choice and cleaning of the national curriculum, with descentralization, ending ministeries, abolish all kinds of taxation. In fact, I will say, if the would be new center right president abolishes all rhat the left did the past four years, for me, he would be the greatest man in the country since Pedro II. I am really not sure if he will be up to the task, but if the left remains in power, if we don't resist further and more emphatically to their evil deeds, Brazil will move closer to becoming the biggest prison in the world.

A lot at stake, I can only try and keep moving on my own lamentations. Reform is never a guarantee of better moments, takes time to trickle down. No one is entitled to anything. But that said, if economic reform towards liberalization once again, tax cuts and overall a lighter hand on the affairs of the citizens, rhat can only be a most positive development, and naybe I will get some work in the private sector and will pay the credit card dues, and I will be one of the 86% of brazilians of all walks life and kinds to move towards a debt free situation, and that can only be an amazing moment that I cannot afford to be pessimistic about. We wull see. I should hope to return here to the blog real soon, at the weekend if I can! Perhaps earlier. See you then, farewell bur just for now! Cheers!

Comments