Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have many years in a week: Morning in Brazil, too?

Good morning, most kind and dear friend, reader of this present post, too! How are you? This is a post I have been trying to write since this Tuesday or so... and it has been quite hard to think on what to develop into a more substancial thought. There is a lot that I would like to talk, and I was terrified of starting a post, only to delete it and leave it at that, it happened time and again, and it destroys me for the moment. I don't know why such a strong repulsion against starting a thought and not knowing how to end, not finding a good way to conclude. Perhaps it is fear of fatigue. Or of being mistreated. But I do have an ongoing trend that I perceive, I really, really wanted to mention it. I did start the year a bit annoyed with the 2016 nostalgia, and on that line, I said that it was more of a 1989 year than 2016. I said it due to the capture of Maduro, the (ongoing) second Iranian Revolution and war, the immense losses the left suffered across latin America, that brought s...

Song of the week! In which we swim to the ocean floor

Hello again everyone, it's so weird how this Friday feels like Saturday already! Here I'm again, now to bring y'all the song of the week! Today, my recommendation brings Madonna back, and one of her most successfull albums: Ray of Light (1998), which also happens to be the year I was born, a very nice coincidence!


It's being a very unusual winter this one I'm having, very hot days, not enough rain, which gave me an idea on what tune to highlight today: Swim! Okay, the song doesn't have much to do with enjoying the water or the pool, instead is one subtle one who talks about sadness and escaping, literally swimming to the ocean floor, in order to run away from all the troubles. It can sounds a little dark, but I promise it doesn't feel too much like that, it's a really nice song and I loved it! I totally recommend it to you guys! Let me share it with you!

And that's it for this Friday! Wish you all a really great day! I see you next time!

Comments