Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we stay at the Grand Budapest Hotel in Nebelsbad!

Hello and good night everyone and happy Saturday as well! How are you today and how are things going with you? As always, you can be certain I wish you the best! And how am I doing today? Well, it was a calm saturday, some hot moments, some rain, made some sketches, watched some Friends and saw the stream of a friend as well! Just enjoying my weekend, and I hope you're as well! I'm really excited with today's post because we're going to talk a little bit about one of my favorite movies! Let us prepare for a journey to the nation of Zubrowka - once the heart of a mighty empire! And there, let's have the VIP treatment by staying at THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL!


Such an edificant view, I must say
This week I had a small post on my favorite director, Wes Anderson, and the reason why I did that one was not only because I'm a huge fan of the director, ut also to just lay ground for me to talk about his movies here on the blog! And one of the first movies I saw by him was this 2014 treasure, one that enchanted me way too much! And how the movie goes? Well...
There are actually three time scenarios in this movie, basically a story within a story WITHIN a story! Too much? Don't worry, everything flows well in the end. So, we start with the much celebrated ficcional author of the ficcional book "Grand Budapest Hotel" narrating, in the 80's, his earyly stay on this fantastic place, but not on his glory days, but actually in the end of the 60's, where the Nation of Zubrowka have faded into decadence and the hotel is on his final days - dregrated and forgotten by all but some.



As you can see, the hotel in its final days looks more like a prison. Suffering from a minor condition, the author stays in this place and eventually met the owner of the place, the former millionaire Mr. Moustafa. Then, after some small talk, Mr. Moustafa invites the author to a dinner, and tells his story on this place, and so the movie goes! With a slow start, the movie becames more and more exuberant as we're transported to the 1930's, to the last years of glory of the grand hotel, and by every passing minute the more the movie catches you!
There's so much to say about this movie, in it we see the apex of Wes Anderson's aesthetic so far, a progress that wasn't surpassed by his most recent release Isle of Dogs, which is a very nice movie (and I should write about it), but it isn't as vibrant and luxurious as The Grand Budapest Hotel. The scenarios are stunning, the motion picture has an amazing script, amazing costume design by the wonderful Milena Canonero. The whole work is a truly work of art honestly, and there're a lot of works of art on it indeed, some real and some ficcional. Art plays a huge role on the film, but I'll just say that because NO SPOILERS! Oh! Have I told you about the cast? It is absolutely mind blowing, with Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton, Jude Law, Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, F. Murray Abraham, but the true star of the movie is the new actor Tony Revolori, who manages to steal the flashlights not only because of the fact he's the protagonist, but also for its own merit! The movie received a huge acclaim from the critics and was nominated for 9 ACADEMY AWARDS! I remember I was there watching the 2015 cerimony, rooting for the movie to get all the prizes home! Well, he only won 4 nominations, but anyway, it was amazing in the end. 
I don't watch this movie that much anymore, but I think that's only because I watched it so much in the past 4 years! I'm such a fan, and even though the last time I saw it was last year, if I started watching it rn I'd be falling in love all over again! As far as fan products go, I have a book on the movie, written by Matt Zoller Seitz, an interview with the director:


I also have the DVD and the Script of the movie!!




I definitely couldn't recommend this movie enough to you guys, it's superb!! I know, Wes Anderson is one of those directors that you can either love it (like me) or hate it (like some people I know), but you'll never know until you try it! I'm such a fan of this movie okay?? I'll definitely write more about this in the future! This was a long post, hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed developing it! It's always a pleasure to have you here, more than I can say  here, you're the best and you know it! We're reaching the end of this post, I'll be back for the last post of July on Monday, AUGUST IS COMING PEOPLE, YAY! Anyway, well, goodnight to you! See you all soon!

PS: Have I mentioned the soundtrack of the movie is amazing? I probably did, but anyway, totally recommend it to you guys!


Comments

Popular Posts