Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk about my plants!

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post!! Happy Monday to you! I know this day can be a pain for a lot of people, the whole journey all over again, but rejoice, you're alive and your week will be great, and if it's not great do not distress and believe in the future! Or at least this is what I tell myself, I think it can be useful, hard to believe in the words sometimes, basically the moments we need to hear them, but useful and powerful too! Okay okay, enough of my small talk, how are you?? How are things going?? As always, I wish you the best! So happy to have you here!!
The month of July is coming to an end! It has beeen quite an interesting journey, started it with the echo of the corn season still near me and now the beautiful month of August is just around the corner, and with it the upper 2018! I have to say I'm disposed to receive August! It's such an important month for me, the month of my birthday!! I think it's important to celebrate birthdays and rejoice inspite of everything, and also because of everything, I'll certainly tell you guys all about it in a future post, as for now, gonna talk just a little about a thing I started doing in 2018: taking care of plants!!! Meet my lovely children:

All the plants above the ground are mine, my mom take care of some too! That one on the floor belongs to her, though I give it some water to it from time to time.

My first attempt to take care of plants happened in 2012, with a small kind of pinetree called here where I live "the Dutch Tuja" or "Tuia holandesa" in portuguese. It was a step too big for 12 year old Daniel, and unfortunately the plant died. I tried another time in 2013, but the new specimen had the same destiny, much to my distress. Well, that was it for the next 4 years, though I never stopped wandering about taking care of another plant and never stopped loving plants and their beauty. So we reach 2018, and in April I decided to take action and try again, but this time with a different approach! I have a couple of great friends who take care of plants, and they encouraged me to do that, giving me tips and trying to make me see the beauty of cactuses (they were well succeeded). My aunt is taking care of succulents and cactuses and other ones since last year, and in the moment I told her I was thinking about starting to take care of succulents myself, she was also extremely enthusiastic, selling me some of her own plants for a good price, and even giving me some more later! More than that, she taught me everything about how to take care of them and she still does! I wanted something new in my life this year, something nice and exciting , plants were perfect, it is amazing to take care of living beings, and to see them flourish! They helped me a lot and they made me closer to my aunt and to my friends as well! And I love them a lot! I also love to take pictures of them, let me show you all a couple of the pics!

Initially all of my plants fitted here, most of my originals are on this place, now I have more

One of my silly little cactuses decided to play a trick on me this week! When I saw him, he was all dry, but as soon as I putted some water on the thing he came back to life 100%! He's okay now, but Gosh, can't you please find a more subtle way to ask for water?? (Do not distress though, I give them all water once a week as my aunt told me to do, the cactuses I give less water though, cause they're cactuses, but well this one wants to be a succulent I'm sure)

This picture is a month old! My latest group coming home!! Need to get some more in the future though

This pic is a little bit old too, this one is so much taller now! How fast it grows, this one

This is another one that grows fast!! It's on its way to the floor now! Okay, not that big, I'm the king of exageration

Yes, my friend was right! Cactuses are beautiful indeed

And that's it for today! I'm addicted to taking pictures of them, I have many more, but this post is getting quite long!! I post a lot of pics of my plants and of plants in general in my personal Instagram! If you like plants too and you want to you can 100% follow me there at @petit._trianon!! I can't wait for just keep taking care of them and in the future have some more! Right now my major goal is to try to create a tuja again! If you don't know what a Tuja is let me show you!


Lovely tree don't you think? I love it so much! And that's it for today! If you're still here, you're the best!! I definitely will have more posts about planties cause I love them so much! Thank you so much for being here, I really hope you liked it, see you soon!!!!!!!!! Have a lovely week!











Comments

Popular Posts