Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk about a really nice movie: Love, Rosie!

Hello and good afternoon everyone! What a joy to have you here, reading this post! How are you today? How are things going? As always, I wish for the best! Well, for me this is officially one of the most hot winters I can recall, where's the rain, oh Dear? I miss the sweater days of 2017, they're nowhere to be seen this year! Anyway, like I keep saying, I do enjoy blue skies, so there's always a good side to things! Let's go to the post!
We're going to talk about one movie I truly like! It's already a Netflix classical and a must for any moments in life! Yes, I'm talking about Love, Rosie!

Here's the poster to the movie, btw

Starring amazing actors such as Lily Collins and Sam Claflin, the motion picture is -kind of- based on the novel Where Rainbows End, by the writer Cecelia Ahern, which I also read, and should do a post on it later. It talks about the misadventured life of Rosie Dunne (Lily) and her best friend Alex Stewart (Sam). It starts right away in one of the final scenes of the story, and it goes right back to several years before that, to tell how we reached that moment! Rosie and Alex are best friend since forever and they lived most of their lifes together, sharing dreams and basically everything, but things start to go south in Rosie's 18th birthday, when Alex kisses Rosie. And that's when the whole movie starts, it's ups and downs from now on in both lives, moments that are really well portrayed, and that really feels like this is a story not happening in a movie, but in our lives as well. In fact, Rosie's life is best described in a quote of her best friend Ruby "It is so great to have you as a friend. I mean, everytime something goes wrong in my life, all I've got to do is look at yours and it puts everything into perspective". Harsh, right? But you'll get this as soon as you start watching the movie! I won't say anything else concerning the plot because I don't want to give any spoilers.
But I do love this movie! It's full of hope and it embraces you from beginning to end, it shows you that life is messy and crazy but things can really go well, and if they don't, you'll find a way for a better situation, in your own rhythm. You love the characters and you relate to them, the story is warm and welcoming withouth sugarcoating anything. I know, the critics hated the movie, it got a grade as low as 31% on Rotten Tomatoes, but don't listen to those grumpies! It's a really worth watching movie, I promise you it will add something valuable to your life, as it did to mine and to the people I know who watched it, and rewatched several times! 
Now, one thing to be said before closing this: inspite of the fact the movie is based on this book, the two are really different, to the point that if you read the book you'll still don't know what will happen in the motion picture. The both products are really enjoyable, but they're basically separate entities, don't look for the book before watching the movie, it's not worth it (but do read it anyway, it's a nice book).
This lovely motion picture is what we have for today!! I invite you all to watch it, if you haven't yet! I'm really happy to have you reading this, I hope you're happy reading this too! I see you all on music of the week Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts