Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we briefly talk about Wes Anderson!

Happy Wednesday everyone, and good evening!! So nice to be here sharing this post with you! How are things going? How are you today? As you know, I always wish you the best! As for me, today was a weatherly mixed day, some rain, some heat, but I could wear my sweater! I'm really excited that August is coming, I think this month is gonna be really nice! My class today was boring, but I don't think today was a bad day, and it's not over yet! So, without further due, let's jump to the post, one in which I'm gonna speak about a figure that was (and is) really important in my life, and his work has a lasting impact in it.
I was planning on doing a post about one of my favorite movies, Grand Budapest Hotel, this Monday, but I wasn't with the energy to do a potential major post that day, and going in this direction of thinking, I decided that first I should talk about the man that directed this movie in the first place: Wes Anderson!
Now, my approach to this post is more to talk about my history and experiences with him and some thoughts on it, I won't be getting too deep into his biography or some facts about his life JUST YET, but I hope you might find it nice!

Here's Wes, btw! As you can see, he has a very unique sense of style, just like his movies


I discovered Wes in June 2014 and, like so many things in my life, it was completely out of nowhere! I only watched GBH because it was the only movie in the theater back then I was mildly in the mood to see, and also only because my favorite actor back then, Jason Schwartzman, had a minor role in the motion picture. It was one of the best things I ever did! I was in love with the movie since the begining credits, and as the days went by, I couldn't stop thinking of it. Those were the Tumblr days of my life, and I went there to search about more stuff on Grand Budapest and Wes (also Jason, of course), I couldn't stop watching it and would search for links to see it on the internet, and so on, I was addicted to it! And things wouldn't stop in this movie. In August of that same year, I discovered that Wes had a movie with Jason having the leading part: Rushmore. Intrigued by the title and excited to see my idol in the spotlight, I watched the movie some days later, and again, I was completely in love with it! After Rushmore, I became a huge fan of his, and other movies by him followed: Moonrise Kingdom, The Fantastic Mr. FoxThe Royal Tenenbaums, The Daarjeling Limited, and so on, and my reaction was always the same: I loved all the movies!
His movies are easy visually recognizable, he has a very intense and strong aesthetics, one of the things I love about him. The colors are always strong in the scene and he loves to use colors such as Red, Brown, Orange, and always in their most screaming looking version, the scenes are always meticulous and all the details are carefully arranged. Concerning the characters and everything on the world, everything is intense but in a different way, it's more subtle and introverted in nature his universe, sometimes you have to dig deep to find energy and emotion, behind some characters that seem mechanical and overproduced, something that is not bad at all, it fits the world, but it also requires attention and even rewatches. He also loves to have the same group of actors around him, on his movies you'll always find names like Owen Wilson, Bill Murray, and of course, Jason! Also, the soundtracks of his movies are always iconic! His work is indeed carefully planned and the final result is funny and wise, all of his movies are comedies, and though they can sound dark and melancholic, they're full with idealism, innocence, happiness and hope, you just have to dig to find it!
Also, he brought beauty and joy to a not so much nice period of my life, and for that I'm grateful! I definitely recommend you guys to look more about him, he's great! And we're reaching the end of today's post! This was more of an introduction to him, promise you'll see much more of him later on! Hope you liked my thoughts on him, thank you for being here, you're the best, never forget about this! See you soon!! Byeeeee!!!


Comments

Popular Posts